Search for content in message boards

Looking for twins of Daisy Velma Graham born Feb 21, 1924 in Popular Bluf Missouri

Replies: 2

Looking for twins of Daisy Velma Graham born Feb 21, 1924 in Popular Bluf Missouri

Posted: 1562775771000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Graham, Pease
My great-grandmother's sister Daisy Velma Graham gave birth to a set of twins names Gerald Herbert and Martha Ellen on Feb 21, 1934 in Popular Bluf, Missouri. She was an unwed mother in her 20s. The father, Charles Pease, was a married doctor in his 50s. As you can imagine this was quite the scandal and apparently somewhat unforgivable for her sisters.

The twins lived with their mother and grandparents. I can find them at age 6 on a census in New Madrid Missouri. I also know that they lived in Morehouse for a time.

Unfortuantely, Dasiy died while in her 30s from cancer. I have found a short announcement in a gossip column in the Sikeston paper stating the twins were with her when she died in Morehouse. I have now visited Daisy's grave in a Sikeston cemetary.

This is where I loose the twins. And where family is uncertain. Some rumors have them then going to live with their dad until they came of age. There is a memory of Gerald visiting his grandmother and aunt with 2 sons in tow. There are no memories of Martha except rumors she ended up in California and did well for herself.

I have found a social security record with the death of Martha Ellen Young where her mother is listed as Daisy Graham and father as Charles Pease. And that led me to a findagrave. However, I cannot find any record of her marriage, where she lived and if she had children.

I have even less on Gerald and I am finding a lot of Gerald Grahams in my search. Again.....no record of after Daisy's death. No marriage.

I also cannot find a birth certificate for the twins. In census records they go by the surname Graham. However on Martha's social security record it says Pease. My family isn't sure.

I would really like to track the twins and find out if we have reamaining family members that I can connect with. I do not want Daisy or her family left out of my family tree. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Amanda Sansne... 1562775771000 
LOVESeGENEe 1562779169000 
LOVESeGENEe 1562779685000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic