Search for content in message boards

Mrs Blodwen R. Cooper (known as Mae) - possibly Detroit area

Replies: 3

Mrs Blodwen R. Cooper (known as Mae) - possibly Detroit area

Posted: 1563085061000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1563085319000
Surnames: Cooper Harris Long
I realise that this is a very long shot, but maybe someone knows the answer!

My grandfather, who was born in 1895, used to correspond with a relative whose name, I think, was Mrs Blodwen R. Cooper, though she was known as Mae. She would have been born sometime around the turn of the twentieth century, and I believe she lived in or near to Detroit. After my grandfather’s death in 1967, the correspondence was taken up by my late mother and, during the 1980s, I met Mae when she visited the UK. She referred to my grandfather as “Cousin George” but, unfortunately, I did not ask her where she fitted into the family tree.

My grandfather’s surname was HARRIS, and his mother’s maiden name was LONG. He was born in Cardiff, South Wales, but also had family connections with Swansea and Bristol. From what Mae told me, I understood that her parents had emigrated to the US from South Wales, but I don’t know whether this was before or after her birth.

Having now developed quite a large family tree, it is frustrating not knowing where Mae fits in. Do these details ring bells with anyone?

Thanks for reading,
David
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Webb 1563085061000 
LOVESeGENEe 1563111340000 
David Webb 1563199956000 
LOVESeGENEe 1563208904000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic