- fam. (abbreviation)
- family group sheet
- a family group sheet is a form which presents genealogical information
about a nuclear family -- a husband, a wife, and their children. A family
group sheet usually includes birth dates and places, death dates and
places, and marriage dates and places. Family Tree Maker for Windows
can help you create family group sheets for your family.
- family pedigrees
- in general, family pedigrees refer to family group sheets that are
linked in a computer system. When you access an individual's family
group sheet in a linked pedigree, you also access all of the records
that are linked to that individual.
- family histories/genealogies
- family histories and genealogies are books which detail the basic
genealogical facts about one or more generations of a particular family.
- you can find FamilySearch computers at the Family History Library
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or at one of the
branch Family History Centers. The FamilySearch computer contains several
databases of information: the Social Security Death Index, the Military
Index, the Ancestral File, and the International Genealogical Index.
You can use these resources to search for information about your family
members right on the computer. You can also use the FamilySearch computer
to look up items in the Family History Library Catalog. Because of the
popularity of the FamilySearch computer, many Family History Centers
require you to sign up for a time slot in advance. FamilySearch is also
now available on the Internet through the Web site of the LDS Church.
- fee simple
- an inheritance having no limitations or conditions in its use.
- female, woman, or wife.
- feme sole
- unmarried woman or a married woman with property independent of her
- two weeks.
- FR (abbreviation)
- family register.
- male released from slavery; emancipated person.
- male of legal age with the right to vote, own land and practice a
- free man of color
- black man who was free from birth or later in life.
- full age
- age of majority; legal age; adult (legal age varied according to place
and current law).
Glossary Title Page