Talk:World Archives Project: USHMM - Poland, Modliborzyce Ghetto Register Books, 1939-1944
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the World Archives Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
1. Keyers writing the surname into the given name field and the given name into the surname field.
2. inferring the father and mother's surname when it is not on the record.
3. keyer writing the previous occupation into the current occupation and vice versa.
4. on some sets keyers did not recognise self and father and mother and mixed all of them. When the same surname appeared it was assumed they were duplicates and not keyed, when in fact they were other family members.
5. on lists some keyers only keyed a few names and gave up, instead of returning the set so someone more experienced could key they submitted the set, hence the poor accuracy rating.
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.