- Upper Snake River Family History Center and Ricks College (Rexburg, Idaho). The records were extracted between 1982 and 1996. Specific source information is provided for each entry.
- Index to marriage records for Maricopa County, 1969-1978. Microfiche. Superior Court, Phoenix, Arizona.
This database contains information on individuals who were married in Arizona between 1864 and 1982. It is comprised of information compiled by the following two agencies:
- Upper Snake River Family History Center and Ricks College – The records compiled by this group include marriages from select counties of Arizona between 1864 and 1982. Not all counties are included and within the counties that are included not all years may be covered. These records were extracted from marriage books located at county courthouses. No images are available for these records.
- State of Arizona- These records are an index to marriages from Maricopa County (Phoenix area) and cover the years 1969-1978 (includes images of the index pages).
Information available in this database includes:
- Spouse’s name
- Marriage date
- Marriage place*
- Source info
- Compiler (Upper Snake River FHC or State of Arizona)*
*These are the only fields available in the data from the State of Arizona.
Where to go from here:
It is important that you use the information found in this database to locate your ancestor in the original records. The records compiled by the Upper Snake River FHC include a source field that lists which county courthouse and even which book and page number the information was extracted from. Likewise, the index compiled by the state of Arizona includes a column called “Book/Page Number.” You can see this number by viewing the index image.
Usually more information is available in the records themselves than is found in an index or extraction. For example, marriage records sometimes provide the birth dates and places of the bride and groom, their parents' names, their addresses, and witnesses' names.
Copies of many of the county marriage records can be found in the county courthouses where they were recorded, or in state or local archives.
Many of the records found in this database came from the Arizona Department of Library, Archives, and Public Records, Archives Division, 1700 West Washington, Phoenix, AZ, 85007, 602-542-4159.