Death Records. Michigan Department of Community Health, Division for Vital Records and Health Statistics, Lansing, Michigan.
This collection contains death registers (1867-1897) as well as certificates (1897-1952) from the state of Michigan. While forms differ, you may find the following details among the records:
- name of the decedent and place of death
- color or race
- marital status
- date of birth
- father's name and birthplace
- mother's name and birthplace
- name and address of informant
- date filed
- date of death
- physician's statement and cause of death
- length of residence, if in a hospital or institution
- date and place of burial
- name and address of undertaker
- later records may include spouse’s name
Due to privacy laws, images are only available for records that are more than 75 years old.
1 Apr 2020: Added 54,476 new images from 1944.