The Digitized Content is licensed from the American Antiquarian Society ("AAS") and may not be reproduced, transferred, commercially or otherwise exploited, in whole or in part, outside the terms and conditions of this service without the express written consent of AAS. All rights reserved.
This collection contains marriage and death details extracted from various newspapers from Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York. Details may include names, event dates, ages, family relationships, and other facts of interest.
The collection includes 3 volumes of deaths compiled from various Boston papers, 1704–1800, and excerpts from the following newspapers:
- The American Mercury (Connecticut), Deaths and Marriages, 1784–1832
- Christian Secretary (Connecticut), Deaths and Marriages, 1823–1867
- The Hartford Times (Connecticut), Deaths and Marriages, 1817–1866
- The New York Evening Post (New York), Deaths, 1801–1885, and Marriages, 1801–1890
- The Christian Intelligencer of the Reformed Dutch Church (New York), Deaths and Marriages, 1830–1871
- Columbian Centinel (Massachusetts), Deaths and Marriages, 1784–1840
- New York Weekly Museum (New York), Deaths and Marriages, 1788–1817
- The Boston Transcript, Deaths, 1875-1930 (broken into ranges of 1875–1899 and 1900–1930)
- New Haven Columbian Register, Deaths and Marriages, 1812–1836
Help preserve historical records for generations to come. Join the Ancestry World Archives Project, a collaborative effort involving thousands of people around the world keying digital records to make them free for everyone. Anyone can join, and you decide how much time you’ll contribute - as little as 15 minutes helps. Learn more.