We are soon going to release a small program update to Family Tree Maker 2010, which will address some of the requests you've made here on the blog and in other forums. Here are some of the highlights:
- Improved Relationship Calculator. Direct-line relationships now take precedence over less direct lines.
- Greater control over hinting. A new option lets you turn tree hints off, so you can get hints from records only. See the new check box in the Options dialog. Also, the program will stop hinting on trees owned by the logged in user, as well as not hinting records that have been downloaded with a tree from Ancestry.com.
- Improved data and formatting in a number of reports.
- Improved support for GEDCOM, PAF and Legacy import.
- Many other small changes throughout the program to help it run more smoothly.
We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us; they have helped us tremendously in preparing this update.
Please watch for the update in the next day or two. When it's ready, a prompt will display in Family Tree Maker after you start the program. For those of you using Vista or Windows 7, make sure to right click on the Family Tree Maker 2010 shortcut and chose the Run as Administrator' option to ensure you receive the notification. More detailed information regarding the patch, as well as links to download the patch directly, can be found at the following location starting tomorrow morning: http://www.familytreemaker.com/Support/Patch_2010.aspx