This long awaited patch has been released (loud cheers)
It should be auto-detected when you next open FTM Mac 2
If not, you can go to the FTM Mac menu item next to the Apple logo when FTM Mac 2 is running and check for updates
When installed the build number should show version 2 21.2.7 542
The patch is 44.6 MB long and takes sometime to download and install!!!
I haven't seen a link to any Ancestry.com site that shows all the enhancements, maybe something will be posted soon?
Here are some of the enhancements that I am aware of
All of the sync related improvements that were released in the last two FTM Windows updates: (This is very good news!!!!!)
• Place name hierarchy
• Ability to mark media private (excluded from sync) (Big cheers!!!)
• Add & sync person web links
• Add & sync citation web links
• Printable sync log
• Improved backup/restore to allow continued syncing after restore
The following new features:
• Index of individuals report (Great!!)
• Combined Ahnentafel & Descendant reports (like FTM for Windows)
• New descendant report formats (NGSQ, d’Aboville, Modified Henry)
• Updated Notes report (Great !!)
• Surname report
• Additional items to include options in custom report
• Custom report sorting
• Saved report settings
Whilst this still does not bring the Mac version fully up to the Windows version 2012 standard, the enhancements added are amongst the more useful ones and will be welcomed by Family Tree Maker for Mac 2 users.
There may be more but this list is a good start
A few other points
The patch changes the file structure and there will need to be a new File Migration Utility (FMU) released to cope with the new structure if you are converting from Windows to Mac or vice versa
I have not seen any advice as yet as to a link to download a new FMU.
GEDCOM will work of course.
Also, I have not seen a link to an Ancestry.com site that fully describes the new patch. Ancestry.com seems to have forgotten about its FTM blog site http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/category/products/ftm/
that used to carry this sort of new. Yes, I have contacted them suggesting that something be done.
As always, I advise that you back up your FTM Mac 2 files to another folder before you install the patch