Search for content in message boards

FTM upload issue: Foreign characters lost after tree export/import

Replies: 7

Re: FTM upload issue: Foreign characters lost after tree export/import

Posted: 1370818593000
Classification: Query
I accomplished the same, using a slightly different process.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with US settings. I do have alternate character sets enabled, since I use several European languages on a regular basis, for business purposes.

I have 2 user profiles set up on my primary computer.

My primary tree, with photos, documents, etc., resides on ancestry.com and syncs to FTM 2012, from one user profile. That tree is private.

From the OTHER user profile, if I open my tree in FTM, it tells me that it is not sync-ed. I then upload that tree, without media, choosing the unlinked option. I upload a new tree version every few weeks - when I have made enough changes to warrant the effort. That tree is public.

By choosing the unlinked option for the public tree, I cannot run the risk of accidentally changing the wrong version of my tree or of confusing FTM.

I have a few names with accented characters, and I have not noticed any issues. Before I upload a fresh version (probably next week), I'll put a few test names in, to verify.

HTH
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yetanotherexp... 1370810300000 
BurgessDonnel... 1370818593000 
yetanotherexp... 1370849203000 
BurgessDonnel... 1370869950000 
yetanotherexp... 1370933778000 
kj_norway 1370952465000 
yetanotherexp... 1370955177000 
yetanotherexp... 1371020326000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic