Thank you (and everyone else who answered) for this excellent sounding suggestion. I downloaded and installed FAV - the version on the web site you gave me was version 6.0. When I try to open my FTW file, it says this file was created with a more recent version of FAV/FTM and this version of FAV can't open it.
I am trying to find out what version of FTM was used to create the file.
Can you answer any of these questions:
1. Is there a more recent version of FAV than v6.0? It sems odd that there should not be a matching version of FAV for each version of FTM (given that they are basically the same program).
2. Which version of FTM does v6.0 of FAV correspond to?
3. What is the latest version of FTM, and when was it introduced?
4. Can the latest version of FTM save older version files?
5. Any other ideas for enabling me to read this FTW file?
Many thanks - Rowan