Search for content in message boards

Obituary Lookups and more...San Francisco...I need a super sleuth ;-)

Replies: 12

Obituary Lookups and more...San Francisco...I need a super sleuth ;-)

Posted: 1509502204000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Kramer
we all know the brick wall...right? haha! I have been banging my head on it for quite some time and I am not a quitter so time to reach out from Washington State to San Franciso to beg, I mean ask, for some research help :-)

I have a Death Certificate for my great aunt, Ethel, born Aug 2, 1907 in Idaho and passed November 24th, 1943 in San Francisco. Ethel and my grandfather, her brother, were orphaned in 1914 and adopted out separately, she was not part of our family but through a couple years of research I have some of her life figured out and yet some of it not so much. On Ethels death certificate it shows her as Ethel Kramer, widowed and husband as Dave. Her SF obit says "beloved sister of Daniel Kramer of this great city" which doesn't make sense unles it meant to say sister-in-law. I have tried to find a Dave Kramer marriage to a Ethel and with her age and find nothing . Her maided name when orphaned was Inghram or Ingram...spelled both ways. Her father was Major Byron Inghram who died in 1919 in Oregon mine cave in. Her mother died 1912 and by 1914 Major was no where to be found and therefore kids were sent to Childrens Home. Back to the death certificate. If anyone can help me figure out Dave Kramer or Daniel Kramer then perhaps I can find more, I am just stumped. Here is the real mystery: the social security number on the death certificate 549-12-2447 comes back as Ethel Hawker and I cannot make heads or tails of that either. Whoever filled out her death certificate knew that her fathers name was Major Ingram or Inghram. They knew her correct birth date in Idaho. In addition it says her residence at time of death was 242 Turk Street in SF, a motel perhaps?? it also says she had been in California for 16 years and SF for 5 years.
Last year I contacted the cemetary where her cremated remains are supposed to be, Woodland Lawn Memorial Park and they were going to get back to me but didn't. I have a message in to where I think funeral home records are but still waiting.
Ethel was born Inghram, married Skelton or rather used Skelton at one time in California when she was with Joseph Skelton who then died in 1934 in Idaho while visiting his parents, she then is Kramer on death certificate but since I have never found marriages with Skelton or Kramer I am skeptical she actually married them. In 1920 she was living with Kincaids in their hotel , she was 12 years old and listed as adopted daughter but it doesn't appear they kept her as she is never mentioned with them again or mentioned in their obituaries so I don't think the adoption actually took place as it was not uncommon back then to take children from the orphanage for labor help and she was the right age for help such a being a maid.
I know this is long but as I am not finding what I need I am reaching out! I do have a letter into the Social Security answering their questions from the 1st letter I sent out but they are hard to get information out of even on the deceased! I am open to all ideas and suggestions :-) Thank you!
Tawnya
iamtm@hotmail.com
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tmarqutte59 1509502204000 
LOVESeGENEe 1535655745000 
tmarqutte59 1549902694000 
tmarqutte59 1549902779000 
LOVESeGENEe 1549904982000 
LOVESeGENEe 1549908850000 
tmarqutte59 1549997489000 
LOVESeGENEe 1550012535000