Search for content in message boards

Dashner, Mabel B Dashner d 1997 W. Sacramento, Yolo, CA require further info.

Replies: 0

Dashner, Mabel B Dashner d 1997 W. Sacramento, Yolo, CA require further info.

Posted: 1396017146000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dashner, Tenner, Nicholson
I am trying to verify some info. as well as would be interested in further info. for the above. The California Death Index 1940-97 gives the only indication that her middle name is Bliss. I thought the name Bliss to definitely be unusual. Her name there is given as Mabel Bliss Dashner b. Mar 16 1908, North Dakota & d. Oct 18 1997. SSN given here as 391264040. Death place- Yolo. The most important piece of info. here is her father's surname as 'Tenner', therefore I am certain this is the correct person I am looking for plus the fact 'my' Mabel was born in ND at about the date given. Another record given under the Social Security Death Index has the last place of residence as 95605 W. Sacramento, Yolo, CA. & the same dates & the state SSN issued as WI. (she lived most of her life in Wisconsin) Here the SSN is given as 391264010 (the last 2 digits diff.). I am fairly certain these are referring to the same person. Since they are transcripts, I have 'assumed' there is an error.
I would like to know if an obituary could be found? I don't know how long she would have been living there or why she went there (perhaps only because of the great weather compared to WI?) I have no birth record but she appears to have used Mabel B (Tenner) prior to marriage. Her 1st. marriage was to Arlo Nicholson & they lived in Ashland, WI area. He died in 1954 & it appears she remarried to pos. Wilfred C. Dashner 1961 in MN who was several years younger than she was. She had 2 children by her 1st marriage, one of whom may be Joan Nicholson & she may have gone to California also & in the army (but I do not have proof of that this is the correct Joan). Wilfred Dashner is buried in WI (he died after Mabel) so he may or may have not been in CA. According to the cemetery stone in WI, she is buried as Mabel B. with her 1st husband. It also appears that Wilfred Dashner was in the military as well as 1/4blood Indian & is buried in a separate cemetery, therefore could also explain why they are not buried together.
I am interested in sorting out the last years of her life. Her maiden name being 'Tenner' would be more correct as 'Tanner' but would not be listed anywhere except by accident as such. Her father had taken on the name of 'Tenner' as a young child through circumstances at the time beyond his control. It was many years before I discovered this family due to the name change & the circumstances. Her grandfather & my grgrandfather were brothers and it is the Tanner name that I am following.

Find a board about a specific topic