Abstracted from genealogy library reference book, the following individuals owned one or more acres of land in Co. Meath, Ireland, the latter part of the 1870s. Some owned property in Co. Meath but lived elsewhere. Of course, many more Irish owned less than one acre, or none at all, so their names would not appear here, but information on other families can be obtained from the LDS (Mormon) microfiched IGI index for Ireland at their Family History Centers.
1. The Misses Adams, address Dublin, owned 349 acres.
2. Geo. Adlercron, Reps. of, address Killiney, Co. Dublin, owned 407 acres.
3. John L. Adlercron, same address, owned 373 acres.
4. Rev. Thomas Allen, address Drogheda, owned 277 acres.
5. Thomas Allen, address Cordooey, Kilmainhamwood, owned 8 acres.
6. William Allen, same address, also owned 8 acres.
7. George Alley, address Dublin, owned 24 acres.
8. Japhet Alley, Reps. of, same address, owned 13 acres.
9. Andrew Armstrong, Reps. of, address Drogheda, owned 318 acres.
10. Elizabeth Armstrong, address Kingscourt, owned 56 acres.
11. James Armstrong, address Newrath, Kells, owned 106 acres.
12. John T. Armstrong, address 15, Lower Dominick-st., Dublin, owned 527 acres.
13. Lord Athlumney, address Somerville, Co. Meath,
owned 10,213 acres.
14. Edward Atkinson, address Ashfield, Kilmainhamwood, owned 185 acres.
15. Edward Atkinson, address Glencullan Castle, Co. Limerick, owned 41 acres.
16. Mary Auchmuty, Rep., no address given, owned 302 acres.
17. Mark Aungier, address 17, Lower Dominick-st., Dublin, owned 824 acres.
18. Peter Austin, address Slanduff, Navan, owned 264 acres.
19. Richard Bailie, address Culmore, Derry, owned 215 acres.
20. John Balfe, address Julianstown, Co. Meath, owned 13 acres.
21. Blaney T. Balfour, address Townley Hall, Drogheda, owned 1,453 acres.
22. H. B. Balfour, address also Townley Hall, owned 6 acres.
23. Captain A. W. Shirley Ball, address Causestown, Navan, owned 369 acres.
24. Laurence Ball, address Bellewstown, Co. Meath,
owned 201 acres.
25. Miss Ball, address 28, Clare-st., Dublin, owned 529 acres.
26. Mrs. Ball, address Dublin, owned 36 acres.
27. Richard Ball, address Clonmellon, owned 130 acres.
28. Peter Bannon, address Duleek, Drogheda, owned 5 acres.
29. John W. Barbidge, address Clonee, Ballivor, owned 50 acres.
30. Henry O. Barker, address 6, Gardiner's-row, Dublin, owned 746 acres.
31. Arthur Barlow, address North George's-st., Dublin, owned 500 acres.
32. James W. Barlow, address 101, Lower Mount-st., Dublin, owned 577 acres.
33. John Barlow, address Sybil Hill, Co. Dublin,
owned 1,118 acres.
34. Rev. Wm. Edwd. Barlow, address Bath, England,
owned 270 acres.
35. John Coote Barnes, address 69, Stephen's-green, Dublin, owned 564 acres.
36. Rositer Barnes, address Court of Chancery, Dublin, owned 115 acres.
37. William Arthur Barnes, address Westland, Moynalty, owned 464 acres.
38. Sir R. Barnewall, Bart., no address given, owned 134 acres.
39. Richard Barnewall, address Ballardan, Trim, owned 544 acres.
40. Thomas Barnwall, address Bloomsbury, Kells,
owned 2,782 acres.
41. Charles Barnwell, address Dublin, owned 272 acres.
42. Henry Barry, address 8, Pembroke-rd., Dublin, owned 18 acres.
43. Robert Barry, address Ardrums, Agher, Enfield,
owned 198 acres.
44. Col. F. Battersby, Reps., address Dublin, owned 284 acres.
45. Dr. F. Battersby, address 15, Warrington-place, Dublin, owned 137 acres.
46. Francis Battersby, address Baltown, Kells, owned 128 acres.
47. Dr. G. Battersby, address Wellington-row, Dublin, owned 20 acres.
48. George Battersby, address Dublin, owned 576 acres.
49. John L. Battersby, address Bobsville, Crossakeel, owned 226 acres.
50. Robert H. Battersby, address Lakefield, Crossakeel, owned 329 acres.
51. W. A. Battersby, no address given, owned 481 acres.
52. Owen Beahan, Reps. of, address Palace-st., Drogheda, owned 55 acres.
53. Rev. William Beaufort, no address given, owned 221 acres.
54. Lord Bellew, address Barmeath, Co. Louth, owned 204 acres.
55. John Benson, address Baggot-st., Dublin, owned 386 acres.
56. Rt. Hon. and Most Rev. Marcus Jervais Beresford, address Palace, Armagh, owned 21 acres.
57. Francis R. Berry, no address given, owned 80 acres.
58. John R. Berwick, address Coolfadda House, Bandon, Cork, owned 7 acres.
59. John Bishop, address Dunboyne, Co. Meath, owned 9
60. Francis W. Blackburne, address Galtrim House, Bray, owned 691 acres.
61. Margaret Lefroy Blackburne, address Tankardstown, Slane, owned 604 acres.
62. W. F. Blackburne, address Golbourne Ho., Bray,
owned 580 acres.
63. J. R. Blacker, Reps. of, no address given, owned 340 acres.
64. Hon. and Rev. W. S. Blackwood, no address given,
owned 1,374 acres.
65. James Blake, address High-street, Trim, owned 46 acres.
66. John Blake, address Red Bog, Dunshaughlin, owned 4 acres.
67. Philip Blake, address Ladyrath, Navan, owned 226 acres.
68. Major F. C. Bligh, address 40, Lower Dominick-st., Dublin, owned 491 acres.
69. Patrick Bobbett, address Clonee, Co. Dublin, owned 122 acres.
70. William Bobbett, address Crickstown, Ashbourne,
owned 92 acres.