Search for content in message boards

Colonel Fox, mentioned in Danbury, Connecticut: Town History 1684-1896

Replies: 0

Colonel Fox, mentioned in Danbury, Connecticut: Town History 1684-1896

Posted: 1006292722000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1105745446000
Surnames: Averill, Ryder, Andrews, Harland, Wessells, Sloat, Fuller, Dean, Morse, Coe, Fox, Swan, Stanton, Smith, Couch, Miner, Baker, Clark, Beers
On May 30th, 1879 , a committee of citizens was
appointed to act with the Monumental Association, and
on March 17th, 1880 , the committees announced the
fund to be complete. Danbury was gay with flags and
colors on May 27th, 1880 , the day set apart for the
unveiling of the Soldiers' Monument. The president of
the day was Hon. Roger Averill ; the marshal of the
day was General James Ryder . Among distinguished
gnests present were Governor Charles B. Andrews and
staff; Generals Harland , Wessells , Sloat , and
Fuller ; Colonels Dean , Morse , Coe , and Fox ; Major
Swan , ex-Secretary S. D. Stanton , General Smith ,
brigade commander, with his staff; Major-General Couch
, ex-Governor Miner , Treasurer Baker , Hon. David
Clark , Judge A. B. Beers , and the department
officers of the Grand Army of the Republic.

Source Information: Danbury, Connecticut: Town History,
1684-1896. [database online] Provo, UT:,
2001. Original data: Susan B. Hill, History of
Danbury, Connecticut., 1684-1896 CT: Burr Printing
House, 1896.

Find a board about a specific topic