The following is an updated calendar of summer events at the National Doukhobor Heritage Museum at Veregin, Saskatchewan. These events are in conjunction with the 2005 centennial of Saskatchewan's incorporation as a Province of Canada and may be of particular interest to those of Doukhobor background:
- Sunday, May 29, 2005: Molenye Prayer Service at 11:00 a.m. led by the Saskatoon Doukhobor Society.
- Sunday, June 5, 2005: Museum Appreciation Day. Includes a noon lunch (borshch, bread, pyroshki, bakery items) and a formal program at 1:30 p.m. which will include the unveiling of "Woman of Influence".
- Wednesday, June 29, 2005: Peters Day Molenye Service at 11:00 a.m. led by the Canora Doukhobor Society.
- Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17, 2005: "Welcome Back to Saskatchewan" Doukhobor Homecoming.
- Sunday, August 28, 2005: Molenye Prayer Service at 11:00 a.m. led by the Kamsack Doukhobor Society.
- Sunday, September 25, 2005: Molenye Prayer Service at 11:00 a.m. led jointly by all Saskatchewan Doukhobor societies.
Organizers are expecting a large turnout of Doukhobor descendants from across North America, particularly, Western Canada. Visiting Doukhobor choirs, programs, guided museum tours and site tours of original 1899 Doukhobor village sites and other places of historical interest are scheduled. It will be an excellent opportunity to meet near and distant relatives, old friends, as well as see the rich prairie landscape where Doukhobor settlement in Canada first began.
For more information on summer events at the National Doukhobor Heritage Museum in Veregin, SK, contact the museum at: (306) 542-4441.
Also, visit the National Doukhobor Heritage Museum webpage coming soon to the Doukhobor Genealogy Website! The museum webpage will outline the history and background of the museum, information about programs, displays and special events, etc. Further information to be announced.