Search for content in message boards

Children's Babtist Home of So. Calif.

Replies: 10

Re: CBH How to upturn your Case records from Los Angeles Department County of Child and Family Services

Posted: 1359078994000
Classification: Query

Hi Sharon,
I have some rather encouraging news about records request.
County of Los Angeles Department of Child and Family Services, Procedural Guide, 0500-501.10, RELEASING DCFS CASE RECORD INFORMATION. A 22 page document, issued date 06/01/2011, applicable to all new and existing referrals and cases. It is a rather exhaustive and all inclusive. Reading though it I can not find where any case records are ever destroyed. Look as if our records are kept for ever. It also states that children have a right to a copy of their placement records. There is a not to complicated procedures set forth in this DCFS CASE RECORD Procedural Guide.

Also that legal document sets forth, in part; “A child or the child’s attorney may have access to information regarding the child contained in the DCFS file.”

I have installed a link and posted excerpts of the document on the CHB Alumni web site at:

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
soujourner17 1192763911000 
SharonAnnJone... 1220043549000 
chas93101 1358045839000 
SharonKranzJo... 1358099993000 
chas93101 1358127268000 
chas93101 1359078994000 
SharonKranzJo... 1359109555000 
chas93101 1359159460000 
chas93101 1364602623000 
Gordon Goddar... 1397024365000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic