Search for content in message boards

Rodney Cameron

Replies: 0

Rodney Cameron

Posted: 1237003679000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Cameron

Obituary of Rodney Cameron
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This noitce was posted on Jan 30, 2009

Cecil Rodney Cameron age 62, passed away peacefully at home surrounded by family and friends on January 30, 2009 in Denison, Texas following a lengthy illness.

Military graveside services will be held at 11 AM Wednesday at Veteran’s Section in West Hill Cemetery Sherman, TX. Reverend James Crawford will officiate.

The family will receive friends on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 from 7 – 8 p.m. at Dannel Funeral Home.

He was born June 16, 1946 in Mena, Arkansas to Ralph and Lois Cameron. He attended schools in Arkansas and California prior to moving to Texas. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1967. He served proudly in Vietnam. Following his discharge he returned to Sherman, TX. He was employed by Coca Cola Bottling Company as a route salesman. He was also an independent trucker/contractor for TSL Truck Lines.

Rodney accepted Christ as his Savior and was of the Baptist faith.

Rodney was a simple, kind person who always tried to help wherever and whomever he could. He loved God, country music, reading, sports and his dogs: Junior, Rocky and Nick. He will be missed by all who knew him.

He was preceded in death by his parents, brothers: Donald Gene and Gary Cameron, two nephews: Nathan Thompson, Warren Rice and one niece: Abigail Cameron.

Pallbearers will be David Cameron, Jerry Cameron, Michael Cameron, Quest Cameron, Richard Cameron, David Pollard. Honorary pallbearers will be Randy Cameron, John Cameron, Ronald Milam, Alex Cameron.

He is survived by two sons: John Cameron, Randy and wife Betty Cameron of Denison; three sisters: Sharon Carroll, Kay Milam, and Beverly Cameron of Arkansas; two brothers: Louis Cameron and Rex Cameron of Sherman, TX; seven grandchildren, several nieces, nephews, and great nieces and great nephews.

Memorials in Rodney’s name may be sent to SPCA 2400 Lonestar DR, Dallas, TX 75212.

TO MY CHILDREN AND LOVED ONES

When tomorrow starts without me
And I’m not there to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn’t cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn’t get to say.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me
I know you’ll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me
Please try to understand
That an angel came and called my name
And took me by the hand.
And said my place was ready
In heaven far above
And that I’d have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.
But when I walked through heaven’s gates
I felt so much at home
When God looked down and smiled at me
From His great golden throne.
He said, “This is eternity
And all I’ve promise you
Today for life on earth is past
But here it starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow
For today will always last,
And since each day’s the same way
There’s no longing for the past.
So when tomorrow starts without me
Don’t think we’re far apart,
For every time you think of me
I’m right here in your heart.”

Online Guestbook Condolences:

Donald James
Comments: Please accept my sympathies to the family of Rodney. I talked to Rex this morning. I have many good memories of Rodney. Again, my deepest sympathies.

janice woodson bennett
Comments: I am so sad to here about the death of rodney. The cameron's were my second family growing up and i love you all.

Dennis & Susan Garoutte - Friends of Matt Harris
Comments: Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Larry D. Geer sr.
Comments: sorry about Rodney and sorry i cant be there

Corcoran Family
Comments: I am glad I had the chance to meet Rodney. He was a wonderful and caring person. I am sorry for your loss and will continue to put your family up in my prayers.
In Christ,
Kristi Corcoran

KECIA DOLLAR
Comments: MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME.

DARRELL TUCKER
Comments: I WILL MISS HIM HE WAS A GOOD FREIND I LOVE THE GOLF AND HUNT AND PAY CARDS.I WORK IT COCA-COLA WITH HIM.

Linda Ruth Lewis
Comments: I will always remember Rodney. Linda Lewis

TEXAS CANCER CENTER - SHERMAN
Comments: TO THE FAMILY:

REMEMBERING YOU IN PRAYER AND MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH THAT SPECIAL LOVE AND COMFORT THAT ONLY GOD CAN GIVE.

MAY HE KEEP YOU IN HIS COMFORT ALWAYS.

FROM DR. FARIDI, PARTNERS & STAFF AT TEXAS CANCER CENTER - SHERMAN & DENISON

"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."
1 Peter 5:7 KJV

Charles Bowling
Comments: Louis, Rex, and Boy's it shocked me to go online and see that Rodney had passed on. However I immediately thought of the great hunting trips to Utah he had with us.. his disappearing deer, falling out of the back of his truck,. 15 shots to hit the deer. My thoughts are with you guys. Take care of each other.

Charles Bowling
Somerset, Kentucky

Find a board about a specific topic