Search for content in message boards

Isobel Lambot

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Isobel Lambot

Posted: 1155932045000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Lambot,Birch,Lambot

Isobel Lambot

1926-

Nationality: English
Source: Contemporary Authors Online, Gale, 2002.
Entry Updated : 11/07/2001

"Sidelights"
"I began writing in my early teens," Lambot told CA, "but never presented anything for publication until my middle thirties. I write crime fiction because I like reading it. I have recently made an excursion--two books--into historical fiction, which is interesting but not really my line, I think. I have written one humorous book but could not get it published, so that can't be my line either.

"My aim is to entertain, not to preach, but certain moral values underlie my work all the same. I prefer old-fashioned virtues, such as Crime Does Not Pay, while obviously in real life it does! I don't like the permissive society, and make sure my heroines get decently married at the end. If any of my characters leap into bed with each other, it is essential to the plot, and they usually regret it."

An avid traveller, Lambot has visited the Far East, Jamaica, Africa, and Europe.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Family: Born July 21, 1926, in Birmingham, England; daughter of John and Phyllis Mary (Turner) Birch; married Maurice Edouard Lambot, December 19, 1959. Education: University of Liverpool, B.A., 1947; University of Birmingham, certificate, 1958. Politics: Conservative. Religion: Roman Catholic. Military/Wartime Service: Women's Royal Air Force, 1950-55. Memberships: Crime Writers Association, International P.E.N., Writers Guild of Great Britain, Society of Authors. Addresses: Home: 14 Stafford Rd., Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 7BZ, England. Agent: J. F. Gibson, P.O. Box 173, London SW3, England.

CAREER
Lewis's Ltd., Birmingham, England, training manager, 1955-58; Birmingham Education Committee, Birmingham, teacher, 1958-59; Lichfield School of Art, Lichfield, England, tutor in creative writing, 1973--.

WRITINGS BY THE AUTHOR:
Novels; all published by R. Hale:

* Taste of Murder, 1966.

* Deadly Return, 1966.

* (Under pseudonym Mary Turner) Perilous Love, 1966.

* Dangerous Refuge, 1966.

* Shroud of Canvas, 1967.

* Danger Merchant, 1968.

* The Queen Dies First, 1968.

* Killer's Laughter, 1968.

* Let the Witness Die, 1969.

* Point of Death, 1969.

* Watcher on the Shore, 1972.

* (Under pseudonym Daniel Ingham) Contract for Death, 1972.

* Come Back and Die, 1972.

* Grip of Fear, 1974.

* (Under pseudonym Mary Turner) The Justice Hunt, 1975.

* (Under pseudonym Mary Turner) So Bright a Lady, 1977.

* The Identity Trap, 1978.

Contributor to periodicals under own name and pseudonym Meriel Rees.

Find a board about a specific topic