lewis family of Alabama

Replies: 2

lewis family of Alabama

Earnestine Stromas (View posts)
Posted: 916488000000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Lewis, Tripp, Early
Hello
I am researching the following people: William & Kizziah Lewis. There children are Albert, Sidney, Lucy and Martha.
Albert is my gggrandfather. He married Maryjane Kirksey, daugther of Mariah Kirksey ( also used Mendenhall). Albert and Maryjane had ten children: lula, annie, Bettie, Martha , charles, william, John,emma, maryjane,and marcia.
Bettie married John Early son of Harriet Early.
The Tripp surname comes in because in the 1870 census Mariah Kirksey was using the surname of Mendenhall, but her children that were listed along with her (miles, stephens, and Orange) were using the surname of Tripp. also, there was a Dick Tripp living next door . Dick was Orange's father, that I have documented, but I don't know about the other children. I do know he was not my gggrandmother Mary jane's father because her father was the slave owner.
Further, it is beleived that Mariah was all or half Indian.
All these people were slave in Alabama. living in Perry, Dallas, Marengo, and Wilcox countie.
Albert is beleived to have use another surname before using Lewis. It may have been Orr, or owens. I haven't been able to find out because his grandchildren are very old . Some can't remember if it orr,or owens. They just remember that the children use to call and tease Albert by calling him " old man Orr or Owens.
Anyway, I hoping that someone will see this message and can either help me or I can help them.
Please email me at Kizziah@ prodigy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Earnestine Stromas 916488000000 
lillieayers 939816000000 
mhill512 1545088388000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic