Search for content in message boards

Where might the Finnish/Volga-Ural DNA portion come from?

Replies: 134

Re: Where might the Finnish/Volga-Ural DNA portion come from?

Posted: 1373525208000
Classification: Query
I thought I had my DNA pretty much sorted out before taking the test though, due to my inexperience in this sort of thing, I hadn't expected Ancestry to lump my Irish, English and Scotch ancestry together as "British Isles" (70%). After going back hundreds of years on my dad's paternal side, I fully expected the remaining 30% to be Scandinavian. As it turns out, my results were British Isles 70%; Scandinavian 12%; Finnish/Volga-Ural 13%; and Uncertain 5%. In my case, the 13% Finnish makes perfect sense. That would be my paternal great-grandfather's father who, as a sperm donor, was un-named on great-granddad's birth record - leaving no trace of himself (or his ancestry) whatsoever. I am curious, however, about the 5% "Uncertain". Will that ever show up?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bobbiefey1937 1367879356000 
Eva Webb Wrig... 1368135796000 
gunnired 1369009062000 
LoisCampbell3... 1373525208000 
dijlabe 1376404245000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic