Search for content in message boards

Subscription payment options

Replies: 3

Re: Subscription payment options

Posted: 1213019477000
Classification: Query
I had a problem paying for my subscription.
My CC co. changed hands & when it came time for my annual auto-renewal would NOT allow the charges applied to my cc. Ancestry was well aware of this issue with my card.

I think the problem is the auto-renew thing & I wish Ancestry wouldn't do this.
Those who have the same kind of card I do were/are using Ancestry's free trial either unknowing that when they gave their cc info Ancestry would start charging them on a month-to-month basis or they know this & just cancel every month & then create a new acct. at Ancestry every month. I imagine this is frustrating to any CC co.

I must have made at least 6 calls before it was settled.
Anyway, during one of the calls to Ancestry they told me I COULD pay for my subscription at Paypal & they told me the amt. to enter.
From previous experience with another subscription paid for using Paypal I was worried they would try to take this money from the small checking acct. instead of using my cc. I don't have enough money in that acct. to pay for my annual Ancestry subscription.
(Long story short about my checking acct. here ...I had problems a few years back when my cc co was hacked into & I became afraid the same might happen to my regular checking acct. so I opened another one at my husband's credit union where I keep a tiny sum of money).

I suggest calling Ancestry and see if they will do this for you. It never hurts to ask..right?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cplawson 1212537600000 
ludlowbaylive 1212549361000 
cplawson 1212763127000 
Priscilla Ros... 1213019477000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic