Search for content in message boards

Relative Relatedness of Shared Cousins

Replies: 1

Relative Relatedness of Shared Cousins

Posted: 1571271913000
Classification: Query
Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of research that's been helped enormously by DNA connections, but I big hurdle on this site compared to some others is the lack of being able to compare how closely related shared cousins are to each other. In terms of trying to narrow down how I'm connected to someone, this kind of feature is a huge boon to solving mysteries, especially when users are only using the DNA feature and have no tree to speak of. In my case, my great-grandfather was born to an unwed mother and his father isn't mentioned in his baptism. My only real chance of figuring out who his father might be is through DNA, and I've managed to make some real headway despite the current limitations. I'm sure others are in a similar boat when it comes to trying to solve mysteries like this, and would similarly appreciate the added help.

I feel like this is a reasonable idea to implement in contrast to the chromosome browser which would violate the site's privacy policy, because the information given would just be overall percentage of DNA shared rather than specific segment locations.

- Cameron Hazer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon Garcia... 1571271913000 
jmyoung365 1571273362000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic