Hey Kathleen, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the new image viewer and let us know what specific issues you're encountering and what you'd like improved. We've had a handful of complaints from users who have similar issues to yours, but we've never been able to replicate anything on our side (which obviously makes it much more difficult to fix). If you'd be up for it, I'd love to arrange a time for us to talk so we can try to figure out what's going on. I'll reach out to you via message.
We need to eventually turn off the flash powered (current) image viewer, but we don't want to do it until the vast majority of people are happy with the new viewer.
As to your points:
1) Performance - We have performance logging on servers, and that data along with testing on various machines (and the vast majority of our feedback) indicates that the new image viewer has an average load time of around 2.5 seconds. That speed will obviously vary based on the size of the image, internet speed, etc. but if you're seeing anything meaningfully longer than that or especially anything bogging down system resources there's something else going on(and I hope that I'm able to work with you and anyone else having these issues to figure out what that might be).
2) Member connect - This is coming in the next few weeks. To be honest, we'd received very little feedback about people wanting to keep this feature until we showed the banner announcing that we'd retire the old viewer. Since then we've received a meaningful amount of requests for it and decided it's worth including.
3) This is coming in the next couple of weeks.
4) You should be able to rotate the image under the "Image Tools" menu.
5) This generally has had very very low usage, and we weren't intending to keep it in the new viewer although we may reconsider that if it's requested by a lot of people (this is actually the first time I've seen it brought up). For indexes that we're able to point you to the original certificate we plan to include an order button, but printing seems to be much more useful for the vast majority of our users than ordering prints.
6) You can turn off the colors under the "Image tools" menu and they should stay off from session to session (i.e. you should only have to do it once).
Totally agree that we want it to be a step up for people, or at least maintain the same level of experience. Thanks for the feedback and helping us get closer to that.