Search for content in message boards

Looking for my grandmothers bio family she was born in oak park Illinois 1922

Replies: 1

Looking for my grandmothers bio family she was born in oak park Illinois 1922

Posted: 1562176237000
Classification: Query
My grandmother passed away in 2002. We were extremely close. We often talked about her being adopted, and it seemed to never bother her. The only information she had before her death was, she was an only child, her Bio mom was sick with Tuberculosis and gave the baby (my grandmother) up to the Dr. that delivered her at Oak Park hospital in 1922. I would always ask her if she wanted to find her family and she would say "No, I didn't have siblings so it's ok."
Fast forward to a couple years ago. My mom and I were visiting the town my grandmother lived in after living in Oak Park. It's called Princeton Illinois. We went to the museum there because my Grandmother's adoptive father was a doctor and on the Tuberculosis board. They have a set up in the museum about him there. So we start talking to this very old woman there. She asked if we knew Alfred Owens (my grandmothers adoptive dad) or her adoptive mother Stella Mae. my mom said well Alfred is my grandfather and Stella is my grandmother. The woman looked at my mom and said "Are you Mary's daughter?" with tears in her eyes. My mom said "Yes! and this is my daughter, Erin." The woman said"I used to talk to your mother and her parents often, and there is something you should know."
The woman went on to tell us (and I don't know how true this is) that my grandmother was born the last of Nine or Ten children to a family. She said the mother was sick with TB and my grandmother was born with a clubbed foot. It was the depression and they didn't have the money to care for her. So they gave her up for adoption to the Dr. that delivered her. The doctor, Dr. Alfred Owens lived in Oak Park Illinois and worked at Oak Park hospital. He and his wife were unable to have children, so this was a blessing.
I'm hoping that her siblings were able to remember their mother being pregnant and someone out their might have some information. I have been searching for years and I can't find anything.
If my grandmother knew she had siblings she would have been searching since she didn't have any family after her adoptive parents passed away.
The birth date on her birth certificate is 9-17-1922 and her name given by the adoptive parents is Mary Elizabeth Owens.
PLEASE HELP. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Erin Anne Pil... 1562176237000 
DSuarez 1562205696000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic