Search for content in message boards

Adoption - Trying to find my paternal grandmother Elena

Replies: 2

Adoption - Trying to find my paternal grandmother Elena

Posted: 1557903716000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murphy, Boyd, Racette, Hanson, Little, Swanstrom
So, I've recently been able to find out who my father's father was and I have been reconnecting with that side of the family, but all I've been able to get about his mother was that her name was Elena and that she had blonde hair. My father, Kevin (adopted last name is Boyd) was born July 18, 1964 to Elena and Othean Duddly Murphy in San Diego, California. They were not married and after they split up my father was placed for adoption by Elena. The adoption was closed (California is one of those states) and my adoptive grandfather lost the adoption papers when his first wife and him divorced.

I've been able to match with a woman who comes out as a second cousin for both my father and me, and her uncle who comes out as a first cousin for him, second for me. Their family names are Hanson, Swanstrom, Racette, and Little.

I've tried every conceivable way of trying to find this woman but we can't access the census records from the 60's yet, I haven't been able to work anyone down from the 2nd cousin's tree specifically, her name is no where on any properties where my grandfather lived.

I have little to no idea where else to go. Does anyone have advice or a good private detective recommendation? At this point I just want her name and birth date for my tree. I'd love to meet her but if she didn't want anything to do with my father and I, that's not too hard of a blow to take this far in life.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dana Pierce 1557903716000 
Sherry Swenso... 1557971281000 
Dana Pierce 1557982264000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic