Search for content in message boards

Washington National Guard

Replies: 1

Re: Washington National Guard

Posted: 1382888930000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1382895462000
Military service records, state or federal are not public records. As far as the State National Guard records they will be stored with the State Archives. If while she served her unit was "Federalized" copies of her records should have been sent to the NARA. Federalized means being called up to serve with the US Military as is happening now with the "War on Terror". Contact the Washington National Guard as to the procedure to get copies of her service. If she is still alive only she can request them. If passed then usually the next of kin as defined by the Archives can get copies. Be prepared to submit a death certificate and proof of kinship.
There may be newspaper articles abut the incidents the Guard were used for disasters or deployed for service outside the state for the time she was in the Guard.

I did a quick check at A reason you are having trouble her first marriage name (1979 in OR) is without an e at end, her second marriage name Crowder (1983 WA) is what she probably left the Guard with or changed records too. She is in SSDI with third marriage name and may have even had military records changed to that name.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
deniced996 1375981825000 
DecMay 1382888930000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic