Search for content in message boards

Where to send for military records

Replies: 1

Re: Where to send for military records

Posted: 1567184054000
Classification: Query
For WW2 service, anyone who wasn't regular Navy/Army/Marines or National Guard was designated as a reservist. That would mean draftees and a few other conscripted categories. It just meant they were enlisted for the duration of the war. There were some who were pre-war reservists ( part time service, usually one drill weekend a month and a couple of weeks of training camp in the summer). Also many officers were listed as Naval Reservists. Most would have been finishing their service obligations for Naval ROTC funding their college education.

Any military records will be ordered from the same location for all services, the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. You can also order a one time replacement of any medals/ribbons he was entitled to. Here are links on how to order records and some useful research information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nicole Adams 1567147894000 
ycaso77 1567184054000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic