For all of those that are having difficulty using the RootsWeb Obituary Index, here are a few tips.
1. When you click through to the RootsWeb site you will have to search for your person again.
2. There may be ads on the search page that are NOT actually for searching database (Fold3, Ancestry). They look like search forms, but will take you off the website. I wish the creators of the Obituary website could make their own search box a lot more prominent, but we have to work with what we have here.
3. When typing in a name in the search form labeled "Keywords" put the name in as Last name, First name. That is the only order supported.
4. At the end of all this you will get the search result, which is a list of names. The person you searched will be in this list somewhere.
5. The website clearly states that they do not have access to the original obituary.
We are presently reviewing this website to see if we should continue to list it on Ancestry or what we can do to make the experience less cumbersome .
Websearch Product Manager