A. Looking for Ancestors of NANCY SHEDD of Vernon, NY. The following family info is all I have on Shedd. I believe the source is a Foote Geneology from ~1900.
Orvis Foote 1794 - 1861 b in Sheffield, Mass.
+ Nancy D. Shedd 1798 - 1840 b in Vernon, NY
1. Caroline Clarissa Foote 1821 - b in Sheffield, Mass.
+S E Mills Kneeland
2. Charles Bronson Foote 1824 - February b in Van Buren, (NY?)
3. Henry Columbus Foote 1827 - February b in Van Buren, (NY?)
4. Lewis Amos Foote 1829 - b in Van Buren, (NY?)
5. Nancy Jane Foote 1835 - 1893 b in Freedom, Ohio
+Robert Irwin 1831 - 1906 b in Bath NY
+2nd Wife of Orvis Foote
Alma Stone Peck 1806 - 1895
6. Adah Alma Foote 1843 - 1873 b in Freedom, Ohio
B. ONEIDA COUNTY. In investigating Oneida County, I found several names associated with FOOTE; BALDWIN / BRUNSON. These surnames all appear in the Mass / Connecticut / NY border region (Berkshire, Litchfield / Dutchess Counties) in the 2nd half of the 1700's. Interested in knowing why these families moved to Oneida around 1800.
(eg. Brunson Foote was to inherit his Grandfather's farm in Amenia, NY (Deacon John Bronson 1700/1-1785)) IF he left the army... He must not have, as the land was sold by the Executor to one of John Bronson's daughters in the 1790's. Was the land better in Oneida? What happened to the Oneida Indians at that time?)