Boone, Boon Families of Columbia Co.
I believe the people in the census are the following (going down the list in the index):
1) Aaron & wife Hannah Wagoner - son of Benjamin (1789-1852)& Mary of Centre Twp., grandson of Benjamin (1741-1824)& Eve, great-grandson of Benjamin (1706-1762)& Susannah
2) Hannah Boon - nee Boyer, widow of Benjamin (1791-1841), son of Samuel (1746-1811) & Eleanor Hughes, grandson of Benjamin & Susannah.
3) James Boon - living next door to Samuel Boone & wife Mary Vastine, probably their son James born 1821.
4) Judah Boon - probably son of Hezekiah (1764-1827)- brother Willits living with them.
5) Mary Boon - living with Wellington Hartman & wife Rachel Boone, daughter of Benjamin & Hannah in #2. Mary is probably Rachel's sister born 1837.
6) Newton Boon - probably the son of Hezekiah & brother to #4.
7) Samuel & wife Mary Vastine, son of Samuel & Eleanor Hughes & brother of Benjamin in #2, father of #3.
8) Sarah, age 40 - living with Peter Mensch & wife Mary, probably the Polly who is daughter of Hezekiah & sister of #4 & #6. Sarah is probably Mary's sister.
9) Townsend and wife Mary Jacoby, probably son of Newton #6.
10) Benjamin (1789-1852) widower living with daughter Delilah, father of Aaron #1.
11) Benjamin (1808-1884) & wife Julia Seigfritz, son of Samuel & Mary Webb, grandson of Benjamin & Eve.
12) Cyrus & wife Amanda Hayman, son of Daniel W. Boone & Elizabeth Engler, grandson of Samuel & Mary Webb.
13) Daniel & wife Elizabeth Engler, parents of #12, Daniel is son of Samuel & Mary Webb, grandson of Benjamin & Eve.
14) Isaac & wife Hannah Hall, son of Samuel & Mary Webb & brother of #11 & #13.
15) John & wife Christina Drake, son of Samuel & Mary Webb, brother of #11,13,14.
16) Sarah, age 14, living in household of Richard Rogers, clothier. Daughter of Daniel & Elizabeth Engler (#13), living just a few households away from her future husband Aaron Bloom (they are my great-great-grandparents).
17) Susan, age 16, living with John Girton & wife Eleanor Boone, daughter of Benjamin & Hannah Boyer. Susan is probably Eleanor's sister, born 1834.
Judiah (Judah) BOON (BOONE) is listed in the 1850 Census in Bloom Twp, with his wife Mary and daughter Harriet. Also listed separately for the same township are Aaron, Hannah, James, Mary, Samuel, Sarah, Townsand and Willits. Listed in the same county, different townships, are Newton, Benjamin, Cyrus, Daniel, Isaac, John, Sarah and Susan.
How do these families relate? Judah, I believe, was the son of Hezekiah BOONE and Hannah HUGHES, and I would think several of these were Judah's siblings - possibly Hannah, Newton, Sarah, John and Willits.
Judah and Mary had come from Schuylkill Co, where Harriet was born in 1846, and eventually moved to Lackawanna Co.
I am seeking information primarily on Judah and his siblings and documentation of their parents.
Hi, does anyone have anything on Benjamin Boon, married to Elizabetha Griegbaum(Krickbaum)b.1796 they had one known daughter Hephiziba b. 13 June 1816, christened St. John's Lutheran Church, Catawissa PA 16 april 1817. any info on Benjamin's parents of siblings would be great.
I am intrigued by this information. Andrew Belles (1801-1882), son of William Belles and Julian Louisa Stenger, married as his first wife, Elizabeth Krickbaum, (1796-1866). They had seven children. Andrew, in his will, mentioned not only his second wife and his children, but his step-daughter Hepsy, wife of Jacob Cope. Andrew's second wife, Lavina (Savage) Stevens was born in 1817, too young to have been Hepzibah's mother. So this stepdaughter must have been the daughter of Elizabeth. The identity of Hepzibah's father has been a mystery. Death records of some of her children give their mother's maiden name as Moore and one as Krickbaum. Could the names Moore and Boone have been confused? Could Elizabeth (Krickbaum) Boone have married a Moore before she married Andrew Belles?
Someone with access to the Boone Genealogy may be able to provide you with information on Benjamin. There is a copy in the Columbia County Historical Society library.
Re: Boone, Boon Families of Columbia Co.
I am looking for the parents of Permelia Boone. She was my gg grandmother, married to Jacob Rogers. Permelia would have been born in /around 1814. One website I have found gives her parents as John Boone and Margaret Cooper, however, I have not found any documentation to back that. Permelia and Jacob lived in Warren County, NJ for several years before moving west. Jacob was about 30 years older than Permelia.
Does this sound like any info you might have?