Search for content in message boards

Looking for Descendants of Francis Busald, Dearborn County, Lawrenceville, Indiana

Looking for Descendants of Francis Busald, Dearborn County, Lawrenceville, Indiana

Posted: 1561600328000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Busald
Hello!

I bought an old brick home that Francis Busald (1824 - 1905) built sometime between 1860 - 1885 in Lawrenceville (Dearborn County/Jackson Township) Indiana. I'm looking for any information and pictures about the home and family. I'm trying to figure out the exact build date and would love to see what the house and family looked like. I'm attaching a picture of the house as it looks today.

Thank you,

April
Attachments:

Re: Looking for Descendants of Francis Busald, Dearborn County, Lawrenceville, Indiana

Posted: 1561825400000
Edited: 1561826573000
Do you have access to the public trees here? There are at least 25 that include Francis Busald. You could try contacting the tree owners directly.

He's listed in this 1875 Atlas:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/293150?availabil...

His land is probably on a map in the Atlas, too.

His biographical sketch is here:
https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/records/item/1946...=

Re: Looking for Descendants of Francis Busald, Dearborn County, Lawrenceville, Indiana

Posted: 1561852497000
Thank you!

I've seen the 1875 Atlas and his biography. I'm hoping to find someone with pictures of the family and the house he built, as well as more information about the house.

How do you access the public trees? I should have access.

April

Posted: 1561858973000
Edited: 1561899242000
Just go to Search...Public Member Trees and put in the info you want.

Note: Less is more (usually). I would try just Busald in Indiana.

Posted: 1561920552000
Edited: 1561920705000
Take an afternoon and visit the Co Recorder. You can follow the chain of ownership of the property. Probably no photos, but should lead you back to BUSALD.
Have you determined if it was Francis Sr, or Jr who built the house?
https://www.countyoffice.org/in-dearborn-county-recorder-of-...
Have you tried the library or historical society for photos?

Posted: 1561940563000
I've already gone to the recorder, county library, and historical society. That's how I was able to verify who built the house. It was Francis Busald Senior. I went through all of the land deeds and every scrap of information they had, but no pictures or a specific build date. We know it was built before 1885. The county says it was built in 1862, but they have no proof of that.

Posted: 1561945841000
Edited: 1561945914000
You have a beautiful home, but guess not grand enough to be listed historic register.
Using the surnames of Francis' kids [named in his will], are any in your telephone book [remember these lol] for Dearborn and Ripley Cos.?
He apparently sold? house as he is living with dau in Ripley Co IN 1900
Maybe the family had an event at the house that would make the newspaper [photo]

Posted: 1561996548000
Surnames: Busald, Sahm
Being listed on the historic register isn't about how grand a home is, it's about the home's history and historical significance. It's something you have to apply for and none of the homeowners, past or present, have done that.

I've looked through the telephone books as well and there isn't anyone listed. They all seem to have moved away.

The house was sold to Adam Sahm the year after Francis' death. Adam's daughter Margaretha married Adam Sahm. Their family had the home until 1961. I've also tracked down some Sahm descendants that remember the Sahms and visited the house as children. But no one has any photographs or information about the house.

I've searched through all of the newspapers available online with no luck. I recently found out that there are two local newspapers that are on microfiche at the library, so I plan on going through them when I have the time.

April

Posted: 1562006509000
I'm aware of criteria for historic homes. I was speaking tongue in cheek.
Good luck in your quest.

Posted: 1562011696000
Did you have any luck with the public trees? If I recall, at least one had a portrait of one of Francis Busald's children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic