Search for content in message boards

GEORGE JACOB RUTH and RUTH family of Rheinland-Pfalz

GEORGE JACOB RUTH and RUTH family of Rheinland-Pfalz

Posted: 1384718029000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1384723459000
Surnames: RUTH
Our George Jacob Ruth married Sept 23, 1788 to Anna Elizabeth Margaretta Geimer in
Münchweiler, Donnersbergkreis, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.

This information comes through the family and the work of a great aunt who is no longer living. She traveled to Germany while working on our family history. All that remains is a pedigree book. The actual records and stories were not included in her final work.

I am having a tough time trying to confirm her work. I wonder if there is anyone who understands/lives in this region of Germany who can help.

Supposedly GEORGE JACOB never left Germany. He died on Jan 7, 1818 in Dietschweiler, Kusel, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. I would like to know where exactly he was laid to rest.

My guess is our aunt found records in Germany through a church. I am most curious about this GEORGE JACOB. I know of only one child, our Johann Theobald Jordan born to him and Anna Elizabeth Margaretta Geimer Ruth. I would like to know more. I have the name Philip as George's dad. Phillip also died in the same place as George, Dec 6, 1789. I don't know where Phillip is buried either. Maybe there is a local GERMAN RUTH surname researcher or a local researcher who knows this region and has access to cemetery census or church records who can help me?

Re: GEORGE JACOB RUTH and RUTH family of Rheinland-Pfalz

Posted: 1384769565000
Classification: Query
If you send a email to the state archives in the town of Speyer which deals with the area in which you are interested, they will probably be able to give you all the information you require:

Post@landesarchiv-speyer.de

English is fine but please be precise. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic