"Mayday Hospitals' roots are as the infirmary of Croydon Workhouse, opened in 1885 in Mayday Road to replace the previous infirmary in Duppas Hill, the workhouse itself having moved to Thornton Heath in 1866. The Croydon Union Infirmary was renamed Mayday Road Hospital in 1923, and was taken over by Croydon Corporation in 1930, and the National Health Service in 1948"
Mayday Hospital, Croydon: chapel baptism registers 1867-2002 (A839)http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/accessions/2006/06digests...
MAYDAY HOSPITAL, FORMERLY CROYDON UNION INFIRMARY, STAFF RULES AND DUTIES, 1890-1938, AND DIETARY TABLES, 1896-1912 [1890-1939] - ref. 2378http://www.a2a.org.uk/about/contributors/176-list.asp