Search for content in message boards

Thomas Carroll of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania......

Thomas Carroll of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania......

Posted: 1248140335000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll
born 1753-1760, died 1823.

I am descened from him through his son Nathaniel. I have been trying to trace Thomas futher back. I have seen two different versions, both originating with Daniel Carroll of Litterluna, Ireland. In one he is desecended from Daniel's son Anthony of Lisheenboy> his son Daniel> another Daniel> Thomas. The Daniels in this version may have been sailors. Another, grander version (apparently used by Thomas' son William, gov of Tennessee) is thus: Daniel of Litterluna> Charles the Settler of Maryland> Daniel of Upper Malboro Maryland> Daniel II of Rock Creek Maryland> Thomas. Anyone have anything definitive or different?

Re: Thomas Carroll of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania......

Posted: 1248140736000
The first one should have been thus: Daniel of Litterluna> Anthony of Lisheenboy> Micheal> Daniel> Daniel> Thomas. The second as is thus: Daniel of Litterluna> Charles the Settler> Daliel of Upper Malboro> Daniel of Rock Creek> Thomas.

Posted: 1248149041000
Surnames: CARROLL
Thomas,

Have you taken the DNA test to see which line of the CARROLLs you match? Go to the chart at
http://www.childtalk.com/History/carrollfamilydnavalues.pdf
You can see the lineage of Charles Carroll of Carrollton in the dark green section near the bottom. The profile of the descendants of both lines you mentioned should be the same or very similar to that one leading back to Daniel of Litterluna, IR.

If you send a DNA sample and see that you don't match that haplotype, then you know that you must dig harder to find another ancestry for your line.

There are several groups of DNA haplotypes beginning to form now, and soon I think we will begin to understand this surname a little better.

Lura

Posted: 1531966310000
Surnames: Carroll
I have found the record of a Thomas Carroll born 14 Sept 1761 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is son of Thomas Carrell/Carroll Jr. and his wife Eleanor. Thomas Carroll Jr. is the son of Thomas Carroll and Mary Carroll's whose tombstone memorial is: Find A Grave Memorial# 10404910 I believe this family came from Northern Ireland.
U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1970
Name: Thomas Carroll
Event Type: Baptism
Birth Date: 14 Sep 1761 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Baptism Date: 10 Oct 1761
Baptism Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Church: First Presbyterian Church
Father: Thomas Carroll
Mother: Eleanor Carroll
Baptism just 10 days before his father's death
After Thomas's father died his mother remarried John Hart and their family migrated to Washington County and Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. John Hart's family records can be found in First Moon, Beaver, Pennsylvania by 1800. He has land warrents in Washington County, as well as Allegheny County. Most likely Thomas Carroll's son was with them. Eleanor Carroll Hart married John Hart 19 December 1763 in Philadelphia. His name is noted in the Probate Courts for Thomas Carroll's property's after his death. The record notes: Eleanor Hart wife of John Hart and widow of Thomas Carrell/Carroll. Thomas was a "Plasterer" in Philadelphia and owned land in 1757 on Spruce Street close to second street close to the Delaware River in Philadelphia.

Posted: 1556686685000
Surnames: Carroll/Hart
I find a Thomas Carroll (Carrell) born 1763 in Philadelphia who is son of Thomas Carrell (Carroll) and his wife Eleanor.
U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1970
Name: Thomas Carroll
Event Type: Baptism
Birth Date: 14 Sep 1761 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Baptism Date: 10 Oct 1761
Baptism Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Church: First Presbyterian Church
Father: Thomas Carroll
Mother: Eleanor Carroll
Baptism just 10 days before his father's death
Eleanor Carroll remarried:
Eleanor Carrel