Search for content in message boards

trying to trace lost branch of family

trying to trace lost branch of family

Posted: 973166400000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1019598365000
Surnames: RAPETTI
Looking for information on RAPETTI'S. Our branch is in the U.K. but we think that there is another branch in U.S. Thought to originate from Piemonte. Our branch came to United Kingdom late 1800's/early 1900's.

Re: trying to trace lost branch of family

Posted: 1020325228000
I am from the NYC branch of the Rapetti's. My grandfather, Ettore came from Italy at the turn of the century.He was one of six children of Giovanni Rapetti and Marianna Amoroso. The other five were Achille,Vincenzo, Mario, Alfredo, and Enrichetta. Three of Etore's children are still with us, one being my Dad, Renato, who is now 85 years old.This branch of the Rapetti's are musicians-classical players until the last generation that went over to "swing".Ettore was nicknamed "the professor" as he taught classical trumpet at Hunter College in New York. They lived in the Woodlawn section of the Bronx. He had a twin brother who conducted the San Francisco Symphony.I am not aware of any Rapetti's in the UK. Do you think that there is a connection? The spelling of the name was not changed over to the "e" by this branch, as my grandfather had a PHd in musicology, as well as the family before him were highly educated, and were very proud of the name. At times, when performing, the name "Petty" was used, (as it is easier to remember) but just as a stage name.

Posted: 1102554541000
Surnames: follini ripetti rapetti bertolli
Have just joined the tree shaking effort. Believe I had a great grandmother, either adele rapetti or ripetti. she married joseph (giuseppe) follini. Joseph came from piacenza http://www.comune.piacenza.it in 1890. She died young around 1904 after giving birth to 3 sons and a daughter: john-feb 10, 1895, nancy est 1898, alfred (freddie) feb 21, 1899 and peter jul 26, 1902 (my grandfather).

sarah lucia rapetti (View posts)
Posted: 1102619556000
Dear William

Great to hear from you.

Did your relatives come from Piacenza to the US? Our branch is in London, however, my great grandfather's brother (and possibly others) went to the US. I will see if there appears to be any connection between our families.

Best wishes

Bill Follini (View posts)
Posted: 1102624509000
I know my GGF Giuseppe (naturalized as Joseph) Follini came from Piacenza (my father used to say 'from up on the hill behind the town'). I don't know where Adele Rapetti came from but I assume she either came over with him, met him on the journey or met him in the Bronx.

Posted: 1102625177000
Surnames: RAPETTI, MEANI
As you probably know, Rapetti is a typical name of Piemonte (particularly) & Lombardia. It features heavily in Piacenza so your GGM could've come from there.

I will see what I can come up with on my "travels" and I would be grateful if you could do the same.

Regards

Posted: 1562869611000
Geraldine, I am your second cousin (aka) James. I visited your Grandmother and Grandfather every other month when they lived on Allerton Ave. The last contact I had with your family was with your cousin Karen about 15 years ago she was living in Palm Beach Fl. I visited Mimi and Frank in Vagas . My wife and I are going to Piermonte Italy next month I checked to see if any relatives were still living there and came up with your name Achille is my Grandfather Grandmother is Mary my mother is Enrichetta
( english) Henritta she passed away 5years ago. I lost track of(?) Be gee is he still alive?Anyway, you made my day when I saw your posting. Take carer and god bless
per page

Find a board about a specific topic