Search for content in message boards

TUTTILMOND, Carmela

TUTTILMOND, Carmela

Posted: 908884800000
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 1239981042000
Surnames: Tuttilmond, Speziale, Baiera, Vasta, Maira, Capitano, Murtha, Fitzpatrick, Giamber, Coleman
Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, Tuesday, March 31, 1992

Carmela (Nellie) Tuttilmond, West Oak Street, Pittston, died Monday morning at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital. Born in DuBoise and a lifelong resident of Pittston, she was the daughter of the late Leonardo and Lena Speziale Baiera. She attended Pittston schools and was a member of St. Rocco's Church and its Christian Mothers' Society. She was preceded in death by her husband, Louis, daughter, Carmelita; sister, Lucy Vasta; brothers, Sam and Michael Baiera. Surviving are daughters, Mrs. Sam (Carmelita) Maira, West Pittston, Mrs. Michael (Leona) Capitano, Pittston, Mrs. Thomas (Sarah) Murtha, Pittston, and Mrs.James (Mary Lou) Fitzpatrick, Pittston; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; brother, James Baiera, West Pittston; sisters, Grace Baiera, Pittston, Mrs. Ida Giamber, Pittston, and Mrs. Joseph (Mary) Coleman, Exeter. Funeral services will be 9 am Thursday from Adonizio Funeral Home Inc., 251 William St., Pittston, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 9:30 am at St. Rocco's Church. Interment will be in the West Pittston Cemetery.

Re: Capitano, Baiera

Posted: 1239965982000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1239981071000
Surnames: Capitano, Lumia, Baiera
hi some of these names that were mention are in my family line my great grandmother cologera Capitano married a not sure of first name last name lumia ,they had my grandfather santo lumia lived for a while in pittston he worked in the cole mines my grandmother philomena ran a general store ,relocated to lower east side of manhattan. also my grandfathers neice married a Baiera could be a rosario not sure.

Posted: 1252809225000
Edited: 1252841627000
Surnames: Baiera, Lumia, Marranca, Capitano
Came across your message when searching some family names. All the names you mentioned are in my family. My great grandfather was Rosario Baiera married to Gaetana Lumia. My grandmother's father was Salvatore Marranca, married to Angela Capitano. They had 10 children and most reside in Pittston. My Grandmother and Grandfather is Vincent (James) Baiera and Carmela (Millie) Marranca. They settled in the lower east side of Manhattan.

Posted: 1252848755000
Hi we might be related !!!!! i know i have cousins in pittson that i lost touch with my grandfather had a son named joseph by his first wife, who later changed the name to carmel because his mother who was carmela died giving birth to him. He Carmel had 8 children. ,my grandfather then married fillipa or philomena they had around 9 children ,anna,carrie,millie josie ,rosie,katie,Joe ,charlie my father ,sammy only one alive today Josie.i can send you a pic of my grandfather santo by email if you like.

Posted: 1253669193000
Edited: 1253799406000
Surnames: Lumia, Baiera, Marranca, Capitano
Yes, we are related. My mother said that her grandmother (my great grandmother) Gaetana Lumia (married Rosario Baiera) is your grandfather's sister. It's a little complicated but, Gaetana Lumia and Rosario Baiera was my grandfather's parents. His wife, Carmela Marranca's parents were Angelina Capitano and Salvatore Marranca. Capitano and Lumia are related, therefore, my grandparents were second cousins. My grandmother's mother (capitano) was my grandfather's mother's (Lumia) niece (or cousin, I'm not sure). Lumia and Baiera had six children: Lena, Carrie, Carmelita, Joseph and Vincent (My grandfather) and Rose. They are all deceased. My grandmother's family had 10 children: Carmel, Sam, Minnie (Philomena), Dolly (Josephine), Kay, Grace, Mary, Rose, Angie and my grandmother Millie (Carmela). Only two are now living and residing in Pittston. My grandmother and grandfather were born in Pittston and moved to New York. I would love for you to e mail the picture of your grandfather Santo, my mother would love to see it. My e mail is: nelsonhill@msn.com. Thanks for replying cousin!

Posted: 1552185952000
Surnames: Lumia, Baiera, marranca, miciche
Hi, I am trying to do our family tree. I am Carries daughter, the daughter of Santo and Filippa (philomena). I think I have gone back two more generations on grandpas side. And one more on grandma’s. I did not know The name of grandpas first wife. From research it looks like Carmela Miciche. I found that on the marriage certificate for Uncle Carmel and Aunt Jessie.
Please email me at florence21015@gmail. I’m and we can try to fill in the tree.
Also, the name Marranca keeps showing up but I cannot connect the dots.
Thanks so much
per page

Find a board about a specific topic