Search for content in message boards

Ruth BARNES / Jane VOGAN Pa.; Venango Co; Irwin Twp.

Ruth BARNES / Jane VOGAN Pa.; Venango Co; Irwin Twp.

Posted: 1204571456000
Classification: Query
Can anyone identify this Ruth Barnes? Jane Vogan may hae been her mother.

1860 Pa, Venango Co., Irwin Twp

Ruth Barnes 38 Widow
Samuel Barnes 21
Kate Barnes 16
Wesley 7
Jane Vogan 76 Widow

I have no Ruth Vogan marrying a Barnes in my Vogan History. I would like to place this family. Thank you for any help.

Re: Ruth BARNES / Jane VOGAN Pa.; Venango Co; Irwin Twp.

Posted: 1295990821000
I too found this census record and tried to match it up with anyone in the Vogan line that I am working on. So far, I have hit a brick wall. Have you identified this Ruth or Jane since you posted your message? I would be very interested if you have any information on either of these.

Posted: 1296069532000
I was unable to find this Jane Vogan, born 1784, on the 1850 Census or on the 1870 census. No one ever answered my query..until you did. It was a dead end for me.

I would be interested in learning the Vogan line you are researching. I have found a great deal of Vogan information over the years. Perhaps I may have something on your line. If you can tell me where your family settled and who your earliest Vogan was, perhaps I can add to what you have found. Sorry I couldn't place Jane Vogan for you.

Posted: 1296223879000
I am actually helping a cousin research her paternal (Vogan) line. Her father married my mother's sister and was Arthur/Archie Sylvester Vogan b 1902 (Jesse Jefferson, George, Samuel, John, William and Isabel). Her family came from Lancaster County and settled in Slippery Rock, Butler County. There are many questions associated with this line including some information which I have not been able to verify. I would love to swap information with you. I am having a problem accessing replys to these boards however, so if you don't mind, I would rather you sent replys to my email address below.

Sue Gadue

Gadue@fairpoint.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic