Search for content in message boards

Immigrants from Ausonia, Italy

Immigrants from Ausonia, Italy

Posted: 1320759437000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zegarelli, Castelli, De Vito, Cappelli, Papa, Salerno, Massa, Sosso, Palombo, DeGiromino, Graniero, Petronio, Colenzo, Fiore, Clemente
The maternal side of my family is from Ausonia, Italy. I have started to review birth records on microfilm at a Family History Center in Kentucky where I live. In addition to Zegarelli & Castelli relatives, I have also kept an eye out for other people and families, who moved to Utica. I am astounded by the number of people who left Ausonia and came to Utica. Some of these people married Zegarellis and Castellis. The surnames include De Vito, Cappelli, Papa, Salerno, Massa, Sosso, Palombo, DeGiromino, Graniero, Petronio, Colenzo, Fiore, Clemente, etc. I have started to take digital photographs of vital records for Zegarellis, Castellis and any immigrants who came to Utica. If you have an ancestor from Ausonia, please let me know. I may already have a copy of the vital record or may be able to obtain a copy during a future visit to the FHC.

Re: Immigrants from Ausonia, Italy

Posted: 1321743261000
www.fultonhistory.com has the obits on these and many many more from ausonia
1955 altieri, gemma zelinda daughter of arcangelo altieri, angela primarola, she wed frank funicello
1958 mollette, marie antoinette wed pasquale bernardi
1958 dec- devito, john biatista wed filomena mazzecelli
1968 july - zegarelli, raffael "mike" wed antonio devito
1968 cappelli, frank wed theresa spiriti
1975 angelucci, nicola
1977 picciarelli francis d of antoni picciarelli & maria bonbace, wed joseph piccolino
1987 mary?? wed dom romanelli
there are maybe 100 obit.
in the search box type ausonia oneida and click the catagory, all the words. have fun!

Posted: 1324873161000
Hi there. I found your post very interesting. I grew up in central New York and would be interested in knowing if you have information on any Massas still living in Ausonia.

Thank you!

Posted: 1324917277000
Unfortunately, I do not. The FHCs only have birth records through 1900. The records can provide you with info on your ancestors that you don't already have. For example, you can obtain the names, ages, occupations and address of the parents and the date and time of the birth. Do you know the names and dates of birth of any relatives born in Ausonia?

Posted: 1325003837000
My husbands family surname is Baleno. He had relatives that lived in Utica New York. They were from Ausonia, Italy also. His grandfather's name was Gaetano Baleno who had brothers by the name of Paolo, Fedrico, and Bernadino. I don't have as much information on his brothers as I would like. Any informaiton regarding these people would be greatly appreciated. Are you working at an LDS Family History Center. I am a consultant in Pittsburgh at one but have never gotten into looking at any films. Maybe you just got me interested.Thanks for any help you may be. Robin Baleno

Posted: 1325003969000
Surnames: Palumbo and Baleno
My husbands family surname is Baleno. He had relatives that lived in Utica New York. They were from Ausonia, Italy also. His grandfather's name was Gaetano Baleno who had brothers by the name of Paolo, Fedrico, and Bernadino. I don't have as much information on his brothers as I would like. Any informaiton regarding these people would be greatly appreciated. Are you working at an LDS Family History Center. I am a consultant in Pittsburgh at one but have never gotten into looking at any films. Maybe you just got me interested.Thanks for any help you may be. Robin Baleno

Posted: 1325020817000
Surnames: baleno
I have been going to a FHC in Lexington, KY. I am not familiar with the Baleno name. Do you have any dates or years of birth? I have been looking at microfilms for the period from 1876 - 1900. I am aware that many immigrants from Ausonia settled in Pittsburgh. You should look at microfilm. You'll get hooked.

Posted: 1325771339000
Surnames: Baleno, Papavers
Yesterday, I was looking at birth records for the period from 1888 - 1890. I came across the atti di nascita of Maria Grazia Baleno, who was born on 11 Feb 1889 and died a day later on 12 Feb 1889. Her parents were Domenico Baleno, age 30, and Anna Papavers, age 29. I am not sure of the spelling of the mother's last name. I wonder whether Maria Grazia was a sister of your husband's grandfather. What was the grandfather's name and date of birth? Do you know the names of his parents? I have attached 3 close up images of the record.
Attachments:

Posted: 1377223986000
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Petronio
My family the Petronio's are from Ausonia, Italy from as far back as the early 1800's. Please, if you have any information on them, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know and email me at MelMWells@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch!

Posted: 1377224195000
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Petronio, Baleno
I have a relative who married a Baleno in my family line. This is the information I have on it...

Angela Petronio b. October 7 1878 Ausonia (FR) Italy. m. Paolo Baleno , 1902

Very cool! :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic