Search for content in message boards

Bieder/Buchan look-up or address to write question

Bieder/Buchan look-up or address to write question

Kristi (View posts)
Posted: 1059086276000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bieder, Buchan, Truax, Lowe, Harling, Miller, Applegate, Borsboom
Can anyone tell me where should I write, and how much it would cost, to get the birth, marriage and/or death certs.for my great grandfather Edwin John Bieder?
According to family records, he was born in 1867 at Canadaigua, and married abt. 1902 in Rochester, and died in 1943, also Rochester, NY. His wife was Florence Lillian Lowe. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Re: Bieder/Buchan

Posted: 1059125929000
Edited: 1105706384000
Hi, I noticed the Buchan surname, and was wondering if you have any connection to the Plante family from Rochester. I have a Louise Plant b. 1880 married to a Angus Buchan. They had two children: Hazel and Angus. I would have some information for you if you think there is a connection to your line.

Kristi (View posts)
Posted: 1059173319000
Surnames: Bieder, Buchan, Truax, Lowe, Harling, Miller, Applegate, Borsboom
HI! I'm sorry, but I really don't know! My James Buchan was the son of James Buchan and Gorrie Stewart, and was from Scotland. I don't have information if he had any siblings, or if he did, if they were here or not. My mom has said that there were a lot of Buchan's and Buchannan's in the Rochester area, and that it's an old name there. Good luck, and maybe we'll be able to hook up information later!

Re: Bieder/Buchan look-up or address to write question

Posted: 1059658507000
Kristi,
According to the City of Rochester archives site, Edwin John Bieder married Alice E. Summers in 1888. Here is the link:
www2.cityofrochester.net/cs/MarriageRecords/index
I did not see the second marriage to Florence indexed.

In 1900, "Edward Bieder", married, is living alone in 3WD of Roch. By 1910 he is married to Florence (7yrs) and living on S. Fitzhugh St. in Rochester.

Hope this helps,
Meg

Kristi (View posts)
Posted: 1059697167000
HI! Thanks! That's interesting information that we didn't have. I guess this Bieder line is going to be more of a challenge than I even thought! That makes like 4 or 5 that I now have to figure out marriage info! Wish me luck on tracking down all this matrimony mish-mash! I think I'll need it! Thanks again for the info.!
Kristi =0)

KristiC (View posts)
Posted: 1118468076000
Surnames: Bieder, Buchan, Truax, Boorsboom
HI! I"m wondering where your Angus Buchan was born. Perhaps our Buchan's are connected.

Posted: 1251302749000
Surnames: BIEDER , LAMPSHIRE, EVANS, HOYT
Kristi, I see this is a very old posting. I hope you are still tracking your family.

I'm curious , do you have the parents or siblings of Edwin John Bieder ? I'm looking for information on Jacob L. Bieder from Switzerland, that moved to Niagara co. NY then on to OHio. He's another that seems to be impossible to track down ..

Thanks, Denise

Posted: 1304393201000
Surnames: Bieder, Buchan, Truax
Hi! I'm not sure if there's a connection or not, but I'd love to see your info. My James Buchan was supposedly married to Caroline Truax. They had Catherine Ann Buchan. James was born in Crief, Perth, Scotland. That's pretty much all the info we have on him. (mid 1800's, don't have the exact dates right now).

Posted: 1304519833000
A little late reply - birth certificates do not start in New York until 1881, so a person born in 1867 is not going to have an official state birth certificate.

Posted: 1487531276000
Hi Denise, I've slowed down in my research, but haven't stopped. I dont' know if Edwin and Jacob were related, but I have every reason to believe that they might have been. Edwin's (sometimes called Edward) father, John Bieder, did come from Switzerland, mid-1800's, and fought in the Civil War. He's buried at Mt Hope Cemetery in Rochester, NY. He was married to Catherine Anne Buchan, though there is some mystery in that too. Evidently he had family that came here before him, and he emigrated later to join them. He wound up staying in NY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic