Search for content in message boards

Jiles Jewberry and Walter O'Neal Mitchell

Jiles Jewberry and Walter O'Neal Mitchell

Betty Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 1052152345000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell, Milstead, Medley and related families
Looking for family members of Jiles b 1872 and Walter b 1882 in Talladega Co, Al. They both lived in Clay Co and are buried at Fairview Cemetery. I'm working on their family tree and would love to include as many decendants as possible. Any photos will be welcome and will share what few I have. Their marriages and children are listed below.

1. Jiles Jewberry Mitchell m Clemetine (Timmey) Shirey. (Marriage #1) Clay Co, Al
Children: Grady, Bennett, Warren, Maudie, Audie Bell and Thurman A.

Jiles Jewberry Mitchell m Nora Lee Mizzell (Marriage #2) Talladega Co, Al
Children: Robert (Bob), Frank, Herman. Three children still living.

2. Walter O'Neal Mitchell m Parmelia Watts (Marriage #1) Clay Co, Al
Children: Elmus, Roxie, Hadrin, and Bessie

Walter O'Neal Mitchell m Dourthula Milstead (Marriage #2) Clay Co, Al.
Children: Chester Mitchell. One child still living.

Thanks in advance for any help. Please contact me privately at SeaLightening@aol.com. Betty Mitchell

Re: Jiles Jewberry and Walter O'Neal Mitchell

Posted: 1083441607000
Seen this in the Talladega Home thought that you might be interested.

MOLLIE MITCHELL
LINEVILLE — Funeral service for Mollie Mitchell, 88, will be Thursday, April 29, at 2 p.m. at Benefield Funeral Home chapel in Ashland with the Rev. David Holcombe officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Poplar Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Mitchell died April 27 at Lineville Health and Rehabilitation Center. She was a native and lifelong resident of Clay County, was a homemaker and a member of Shirey's Mill Assembly of God. She was preceded in death by her husband, Thurman Mitchell; sons, Gaither T. Mitchell and Alec W. Mitchell; and one granddaughter, Elizabeth Mitchell.
She is survived by daughter-in-law, Mavis Mitchell of Lineville; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 5:30 until 8 p.m. Wednesday and until service time Thursday.
Benefield Funeral Home in Ashland will direct the service.

Betty Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 1083697913000
Surnames: Mitchell
Thank you Norman for the death announcement for Mollie Mitchell. She was part of our Mitchell family. I appreciate the time you took to type it all out for me. I would love to receive more info about the Mitchells of Talladega & Clay Counties as you come across it. Thank you again very much. Betty Mitchell.

Posted: 1117666572000
sorry to report !!! may 20,2005 Aulton Wesley Mitchell (Dank) age 73,passed away at his home. Dank is my uncle, His Mother & Father were Elmus & Tiny mitchell from Munford,Al. Uncle Dank has, 3 daughters and 8 sons, two sisters, Elizabeth Gortney and Mary Francis Strickland( my mother).30 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. He was the last son of Grandpa Elmus and Grandma tiny. You can find info. about Elmus and Tiny(tina) on the 1930 federal census. thanks, Mary

Posted: 1394000565000
Jiles Jewberry Mitchell is my great-great grandfather, his second Nora Lee Mizzell is my great-great grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic