Search for content in message boards

Please Read Before Posting: THIS BOARD IS NOT THE PROVENCE OF ONTARIO message board, - it IS the now defunct County of Ontario

Please Read Before Posting: THIS BOARD IS NOT THE PROVENCE OF ONTARIO message board, - it IS the now defunct County of Ontario

Posted: 1308321714000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1328453604000
There is no longer a County of Ontario. It was split among surrounding counties. New posts made to this board will be moved to the Ontario General board which serves the whole provence of Ontario, Canada. - or to the Old Ontario board, which ever one applies.

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario...

If you are sure your post pertains to the old Ontario County and not the whole provence, please post to that message board - Oddly enough named Old Ontario County -
http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario...

Re: THIS BOARD IS NOT THE PROVENCE OF ONTARIO message board, - it is the now defunct County of Ontario

Posted: 1308882349000
Thanks for posting this as I've also noticed a lot of questions being posted about the Province of Ontario when infact the board was for the former Ontario County.

It should be noted that Ontario County became the Region of Durham in the 1970s.

Re: THIS BOARD IS NOT THE PROVENCE OF ONTARIO message board, - it is the now defunct County of Ontario

Posted: 1354441322000
But Mara and Rama moved to Simcoe County

Posted: 1393186180000
It is too bad this board's existing messages could not be merged into the board for "Old Ontario County" since it already exists. That may be where the confusion comes form -- if there is already a board for the old county, then "Ontario" must be for the province ?????
I understand it can't just be "deleted" because of the existing threads.
Maybe someone in the technology dept. at ancestry could come up with an answer ????

Posted: 1393189378000
NO NO NO,

If this board gets merged with any other board it should be Ontario, "General".

Most people posting to this board think they are posting to the Provence of Ontario. When you click on Ontario you get a whole list of counties. If you don't know for sure what county you want, you should click on "General" This would post to the whole Provence of Ontario

I have been the volunteer administrator of this board for many years and have tried several times to get ancestry.com to merge this board with Ontario General but it has been promised and then lost in the shuffle of other more crucial changes I guess. I finally gave up and started moving threads as they appear. After my suggested merge there would still be some posts on the wrong board but not that many.

I hope I have explained this a little better. It is sooo confusing to explain or even understand for some.

Posted: 1393205341000
I see your point - General would be a better choice. And any existing threads for Ontario County would still be "at home" there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic