Search for content in message boards

Lemleys from Hesse-Darmstadt, Bavaria, Wurttemberg, Germ.

Lemleys from Hesse-Darmstadt, Bavaria, Wurttemberg, Germ.

Posted: 1047537886000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1245690120000
Surnames: Lemley, Laemmle, Lemli, Lomli , Lemle
I am looking for Lemley's, could be Lemle, Laemmlee etc. The Rev. John Lemley came to N.Y with father who was an officer in German Army, John b. 1843 in Germany. He lived near the town of Mintz close to river Rhine. Also, Johannes Lemley(Lemle) came from Bavaria and bro. Michael in around 1740's. There were lots of Lemley's in those areas around that time. Johannes was supposedly born between 1700-1720. Any info would be appreciated. Sondra

Re: Lemleys from Hesse-Darmstadt, Bavaria, Wurttemberg, Germ.

Posted: 1245657600000
Surnames: Laemmles
Your answer is in Social Security death index. Look under Laemmle.

If they were Jewish, they would have been related to Carl laemmle who made classic films in Hollywood, Los Angeles,CA.

As soon as it is posted, I recently did a complete listing of all Laemmles that I found listed in the Social Security Death Index.

I am from the Kick Family from Hesse-Darmstadt. I wrote to the descendants who I thought were still living there in German and English but they never returned my letters. I guess they thought I wanted money or something.

I found several Laemmle families. Apparently they came to NY and some went to KY to IN and to IL. The others remained in NY and NJ. Some went to North Dakota, other were in MN and many ended up on the West Coast.

You might want to use www.switchboard.com and see if you can find any possible relatives by that surname in it. It is an online telephone directory.

Happy hunting.

Posted: 1351688457000
My great, great grandfather is brother to the Reverend John Lemley, who came from Hesse-Darmstadt, supposedly in 1848 to New York. They settled near Sand Lake New York for a time, and the Reverend, was in many placed including mainly Illinois, Rensselaer NY, Albany NY where he died on Jan 27, 1911. If you need any more info, please let me know. - Nancy

Posted: 1461368084000
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Lemle
I have Johannes Lemle - he stated he was from Wurttemberg - not sure of the town. If anyone has info on Lemles in Wurttemberg, please let me know. Johannes immigrated in October of 1752 on the Duke of Wirtemburg.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic