Search for content in message boards

I can do lookups and research in Fleming County

I can do lookups and research in Fleming County

Posted: 1194752681000
Classification: Query
Hello! I live in Fleming County in the community of Hillsboro. I am currently doing look ups for people and can get access to any records at the courthouse and library, as well as headstone photos, etc. If you need some information researched, feel free to send me a message.

Re: I can do lookups and research in Fleming County

Posted: 1194871676000
According to the Lexington Herald Leader on Saturday the Fleming County records will be going to the Archuves in Frankfort this coming Thursday ,A lot of people think that this is a bad thing but I have seen some of the different county records that have benn reoared and phito copied and they are really great,, They still have the originals there that you can look at to.. My family is scattered in many different counties, No I can go look at them all one day without going to each county,, These records will be well taken care of at the Archives. The county I live in the records are being stolen at a high rate.
You will be able to the the film on interlibrary loan, If youare not able to traven that far,, I have purched the film I needed and they are really great expecial the order Books from Fleming, Bath, Grant and Robertson Co. Next I plan to get Nicholas Co. They are $11.00 per roll

mary

Mary

Posted: 1194881483000
Surnames: Harmon/Harman
Hello - I would like to know how much you will charge?

What would be your base fee and what are the normal copy fees in the library, court house, etc.. Would you also charge for gas for running to the different cemeteries?

I would like some extensive research done but need "legs" and a good eye to confirm what I've already done via the internet.

Thank you, Dottie

Posted: 1194911725000
Dottie,

Hello! I don't have a base fee and I don't even request that people send me anything, although if they want to reimburse for postage and copies, that would be great. Copies at the courthouse and library are 25 cents each. As far was cemeteries go, if they are close around here and I don't have to go far out of the way when I go into town, I don't mind taking the pictures. I will email them to you and then you can print them out or put them on a cd and take them to Walmart to crop or whatever you want to do. If you can't get copies made, I don't mind to do so and only ask for reimbursement of the copies. I'm not in this to make money, just to help people out. If the cemetery is "out of the way", I would only charge for whatever it costs to go there.

Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can find. I see that you are researching Harmons. I live in Hillsboro and am currently transcribing the Hillsboro Cemetery. There are a few Harmons buried back there.

I look forward to hearing from you. You can email me directly at jociadam@hotmail.com if you would like.

Cindy

Posted: 1195599602000
Surnames: Duke, Murry, Murrow
My great grandfather Isaac Duke (born 1841) was in the 1860 census with his new first wife Carolina Murray (Murrow) in Fleming County. In his pension files, he says that he was married in Ohio but filed the license in Fleming County, in 1859. He was in the 16th Kentucky Inf during the civil War. Isaac and wife Carolina moved from Fleming abt 1866. He is our brick wall, would love to find out who his parents were. Family moved from Penn to Kentucky abt 1843-1845, father died, then mother died. Isaac claims in his 1902 pension that he still had family in Kentucky that he lost contact with. If you could take a look for his marriage license, I would deeply appreciate it.
Thanks,
Cathy

Posted: 1195657351000
I'll get it on my next trip to town. I don't know if the courthouse will be open this Saturday or not, but I know they are closed on Friday. I'll let you know what I find.

Posted: 1198942904000
Cindy,

What a wonderful offer. I've hit a brick wall and will e mail you directly with the info I have so far.

Nancy Dudley

Posted: 1198943982000
Surnames: Dudley
Cindy,

What a wonderful offer. I've hit a brick wall and will e mail you directly with the info I have so far.

Nancy Dudley

Posted: 1199028444000
Would you show anything at all for Parks in the years around 1803?
Thanks,
MaryAlice

Posted: 1199028634000
Do show anything at all for Parks in the years around 1803?
Thanks,
MaryAlice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic