Search for content in message boards

howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

Posted: 1268453783000
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on the family of Howell.They were in Kinmumdy,Marion Ill for years then moved to Southeast Missouri. The names are following:
Father:John Howell
Mother:Lucinda
Son;Leander,Thomas Henry,Jasper,Newton,Archer
Daughter:Sara Bell Dora, of whom I am the youngest granddaugher of hers. The dates were 1846-1880? They moved to Lost Creek,Mo and homesteaded a farm.I am looking for info on the boys.
retta1948

Re: howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

Posted: 1301001934000
Surnames: Howell, Caldwell, Forister, Jines, Richmann, Underwood
I have some info on the sons of John Howell & Lucinda Ellen Caldwell. First John was the son of Phillip Howell & Lucy A Warren of Marion Co IL. Here are the children I have for John & Lucinda Ellen Howell:
Leander b 1862 IL; Thomas Jefferson b Dec 13 1864 IL; William Henry b Aug 1867 IL; Sarah Bell Dora b Nov 1869 IL; Jasper b 1872 IL; Newton b 1872 IL {twin to Jasper?}; Archer b Jan 1878 IL. John the father was b Oct 1843 IL and was widowed by the 1900 Wayne Co MO census.

Thomas Howell's death certificate is on the MO Death Certificate 1910-1958 website. He died Jan. 19, 1945, buried Center Ridge Cem., Wayne Co MO-a picture of his stone is on Find A Grave. His daughter, Nelle Emma Florence Forister & her husband, Harvey, are also buried in this Cemetery-pictures of their stones on Find A Grave. Thomas' son, Silas and daughter Mollie {Mallie?} are also buried in this cemetery.

I haven't been able to find Leander after the 1910 Wayne Co MO census, when he was in the household of John J & Hattie E (Howell) Jines. He is listed as a boarder. I think Leander & Hattie must have been kin.

Archer C. Howell married Aka L. Fry 18 May 1902 Wayne Co MO Bk C pg 93A {Wayne Co MO website} Archer & family is on 1910 Wayne Co MO census. This family is on the 1920 Knox Co IN census; on the 1930 Greene Co IN census.
From Find A Grave website: Bethel Cemetery, Greene Co IN:
Howell, Archer C. b Jan. 30 1878 d Jun. 19, 1953
Howell, John T. b Mar. 2 1919 d May 31 1963 {think is Archer & Oka's son}
Howell, May Marie b Feb. 29 1948 d Feb.29 1948 d/o John
Howell, Oka L b Mar. 6 1884 d Jun. 23 1965
Howell, Pansy M. b Mar. 5 1921 d unknown {think this is John's wife}

William Henry Howell is on the 1910 & 1920 Wayne Co MO census. His father, John, is in his household on the 1920 census. I don't know what happened to William Henry.

I don't know what happened to Jasper or Newton Howell.

Do you know Mary Underwood who I believe is also a descendant of Christian Richmann & Sara Bell Dora Howell? I have corresponded with her. She has posted a query, dated Feb. 1 2008 on the Wayne Co MO Genealogy Forum on GenForum; titled Re-John Howell b 1843 in Ill.

Also on the BLM website are copies of Deeds for the Howells & Richmanns in Wayne Co MO.

If you want to contact me directly you can at dfranks@grm.net. I've compiled an 11 page file on John & Lucinda Ellen Howell's family. I would be glad to share this with you.

Re: howell family of Marion,Ill and Mo.

Posted: 1491591359000
I am the great-granddaughter of Arta Opal (Howell) Trinkle. She is the daughter of Archer C Howell and Oka Frye. They spent some time in Indiana, which is where my great-grandmother was born. Children of Archer and Oka are Maude, Bertha, Arta (Opal), John, and Raymond. Opal married Lawrence Trinkle and they settled in Hillsborough County, Florida. Their children were Ruth (Trinkle) Folsom, unknown (maybe Bill Trinkle), John Trinkle m. Bunny (Allen) Trinkle, Garnette June (Trinkle) Trice m. Herbert Hoover Trice, and Rosalee (Trinkle) Trice m. Kenneth Trice. (Herbert Hoover Trice and Kenneth Trice were brothers) Garnette June (Trinkle) Trice is my grandmother. She and Herbert had Herbert Hoover Trice jr., Cynthia Trice, and Karen (Trice) Green m. Billy Don Green jr. Karen and Billy's children: Jessica Marie (Green) Holton, Ashley Nichole Green, and Tiff any Renee Green. I married Collas Jermaine Holton. I had 4 children: Collas Damien Holton, Braxton Bailey Curry, Ezekiel Dewayne Holton, and Emmi Alexis Holton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic