Search for content in message boards

Richard Holt

Richard Holt

Posted: 996459892000
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Holt, Garnett, McDonald, Graham, Harris, Hall
Richard M. Holt, 82, died May 10, 1932 at Woodford Memorial Hospital, Versailles, Kentucky. He was a native of Spencer County, but had lived in Woodford County 67 years. He was a son of Joseph P. and Martha Garnett Holt and was born October 27, 1850. He came to this county when he was 15 years of age to live with his uncle, William McDonald. From his youth he was engaged in farming and raising livestock. For 40 years he was associated with the Messrs. Graham, father and son, the late James H. Graham and Pruett Graham, of Frankfort, in the operation of extensive farms near McKee's cross-roads, and he was known as a very captable, successful farmer. Mr. Holt moved to Versailles to live 10 or 11 years ago, but continued to look after a farm that he still owned at the time of his death. In 1877 Mr. Holt was married to Miss Annie C. Harris, daughter of Notley Harris of Woodford County. Mrs. Holt died in 1920. Surviving are two sons, Dr. Joseph P. Holt of Versailles, and Harris Holt of Pittsburg; a daughter, Mrs. Sallie F. Hall, who lived with her father; five grandsons, Richard Hall and Clinton Hall of Lexington, Harris Holt, Jr. of Pittsburg, Paynter and Richard M. Holt of Versailles, and one brother, Peter K. Holt, 81 years old, of Mt. Eden, Ky. Funeral services, conducted by Rev. W. J. Shelburne, pastor of the Christian Church, were held at the late residence of Mr. Holt on Elm Street. Interment was in the Versailles Cemetery, Versailles, Ky.

Re: Richard Holt

Posted: 1478021882000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris Graham Withers
I see that this is really old but this sheds some light on my family and the association between the Grahams (Samuel S. Graham) and the Harrises (Notley and James G.) I still would like more information, though.

Posted: 1479070070000
Surnames: Holt
I have no further information on Mr. Holt or his family. Sorry I cannot help more.

Posted: 1479106546000
Thanks! I think Annie Harris here would be my great, great grand-aunt. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic