Search for content in message boards

Looking for grandparents' divorce record

Looking for grandparents' divorce record

Posted: 1569487452000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collier, Provance
I am trying to find documentation of the divorce between my maternal grandfather, Raymond Collier, and my maternal grandmother, Marie Provance. I found their marriage certificate then the next document I can find is another marraige certificate to Mark Ward. they also divorced and that divorce record I found. She finally marries Robert Bolton. I'm very surprised I cannot find the divorce document between Raymond and Marie because from what I was told it was a huge mess of a process that included a child custody battle for the 2 biological children they had together. Both have passed away.
The information I have is they were married 14 Dec 1946 at District of Columbia, USA. Marie Provance marries again to Mark Ward on 22 Sep 1964 at Fairfax, Virginia, USA. Somewhere between 1951-1964 should be where the divorce took place.

Re: Looking for grandparents' divorce record

Posted: 1569603575000
If one of the divorces was that messy, perhaps there was mention of it in a local newspaper. You could ask for a lookup for both newspaper articles and divorce records on the Fairfax, Virginia, board.

Posted: 1569614531000
Thanks! Will definitely ask for those records there. It is just a bit surprising to me i was able to find the divorce record between her and Mark Ward but not between her and Raymond Collier. My mother and her brother, my uncle, were particularly young during this time, but my mother remembers grandma ended up leaving and they ended up living with grandpa Raymond for a while until mom got old enough to locate her. Then mom and uncle decided it would be best to have mom live with grandma in the California/Arizona area while uncle stayed in Hyattsville Maryland with grandpa

Posted: 1572535055000
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 1572546938000
It would have to have been after October, 1954.

Date: October 16, 1954
Newspaper: Evening Star
Attachments:

Posted: 1572568513000
Wow! I was never told about this event!!! Then it definitely would be after 1954 as you stated. Thank you very much for sharing this!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic