Search for content in message boards

CROMBE and HESS in New York State

CROMBE and HESS in New York State

Posted: 994808606000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Crombe, Hess
Hi

I am looking for information on Peter and Jean (Crombe) Hess, living in Rochester; as well as Clyde and Martha Crombe, William and Polly Crombe; who were living near by but maybe not the same city. In Nov. 1964, all were alive except for Peter Hess, who died in 1961.

And help in finding out were they are buried; and who their children were; or any information at all, will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: CROMBE and HESS in New York State

Kathryn (View posts)
Posted: 995240964000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Crombe, Hess
Hi

I have found some addition information, hoping someone could check out for me. There is a William Crombe, buried at Brighton Cemetery, Rochester, 1877 - 1928, that could be the William I am looking for. I also believe that Jean and Peter Hess, could be buried in this cemetery. If someone is nearby and could visit the cemetery for me.

Clyde and Martha lived in Penfield, Monroe County, New York.

Thanks.

Posted: 1547607209000
Classification: Query
I stayed at William Crombe's house when I was a young child. They lived in Webster, NY then. We lived in Penn Yan, New York at the time. That was before he married Pauline (Polly.) His first wife was Ethyl. His children from Ethyl are Barry Crombe (deceased) and Diane Crombe McCallum who lives in Perry, New York. William and Polly later moved to Ontario, NY. My name is Sheryl. I live in Utah now.

Posted: 1549698242000
Surnames: Crombe McLellan Finlan Farress
I found a 1940 census that says that Peter and jean worked for Sally Allen. Also says that Jean was born in Canada. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KQTR-HP1
This is on the Family Search web site.
Deceased
Name: Robert C Crombe
Event Type: Obituary
Event Date: 26 Sep 2007
Event Place: New York, United States
Residence Place: Henrietta
Birth Year (Estimated):1928
Death Date: 09 Sep 2007
Newspaper: East Rochester Post
Spouse and Children
Reta Wife
Frank Son
Parents and Siblings
John Crombe Father
Martha Crombe Mother
Clyde Crombe Brother
Raymond Crombe Brother
William Crombe Brother
Beatrice Finlan Sister
Ross Brother
Arlene Mclellan Sister

Extended Family
Karen Daughter In Law
Matthew Grandson
Peter Grandson
John Grandson
Farress Daughter In Law
Elizabeth Granddaughter
Laura Granddaughter
Pearl Crombe Brother In Law
Polly Crombe Sister In Law
Corky Uncle

Posted: 1549732759000
Thanks Sheryl, would you have a photo of William, his wives, or even a picture of the house that he lived in.

Posted: 1549732820000
Thanks, I manage to find information on Peter and Jean. And I have the obituary for Robert Charles Crombe, nephew of Jean. Now looking for obituaries for Peter Hess, who died 9 June 1961 in Rochester; and his wife Jean Lindsay (Crombe) Hess, who died 9 January 1985 in Rochester.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic