Search for content in message boards

BROWN and CRAIG of Burke County

BROWN and CRAIG of Burke County

Posted: 1176618197000
Classification: Query
Surnames: BROWN, CRAIG, HYATT
I have a Thomas BROWN born 1800 in Burke County NC. We are sure that he had a first marriage but do not know to whom. He married as his second wife, Margaret Elizabeth HYATT. They married in 1846 in Burke Co.

There is a record of a marriage in Burke County of Thomas BROWN and Christinah CRAIG in 1827.

Thomas stated on the 1860 census for Cherokee County NC that he was born in Burke County.

The family bible shows a Louise or Louisa BROWN. Her name is before the names of the children of Thomas BROWN and Margaret HYATT. I don't have the bible in front of me at the moment, but do know that Louise/Louisa was born before Thomas' second wife would have been 10 years old.

The 1850 census for Cherokee County NC shows a Reuben Henry age 20 in the household of Thomas and Margaret. It isn't clear however if it is Reuben HENRY or Reuben Henry BROWN.

Thomas was 23 years older than Margaret and would have been 46 when they married.

If I could find information on the family of Thomas BROWN and Christina CRAIG, I could at least rule out Christinah as the first wife of my Thomas BROWN.

I have been working on this Thomas BROWN for many years and can use all the help I can get.

Re: BROWN and CRAIG of Burke County

Posted: 1176729524000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown
I have a Simon Brown born about 1809-1810 that ends up in Cherokee Co, NC in 1870 and 1880. In 1860 he is in Gilmer Co., GA. He was born in NC (don't know where) and appears to have moved to Georgia (Gilmer Co.) around 1850-1852 from NC.

I was just wondering if you bible or other research mentions a Simon Brown married to a Margaret born about 1809. Their children were Leonard, Nancy, Ester, Susan A., Neil B. and Emanual Monroe.

Mike Brown
Tulsa, OK
m.brown5@cox.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic