Search for content in message boards

Joseph Bell-Ireland, Pa, Oh/Hezlep/Bruce family

Joseph Bell-Ireland, Pa, Oh/Hezlep/Bruce family

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 1029680562000
Classification: Query
Looking for parents of Joseph Bell b. 1758 in Cork Co Ireland. Died 1843 in Harrison Co Oh. Married to Anna Bruce Hezlep 1779/83 either in Ireland or Scotland. Had first child, James, born in Newcastle, Lawrence Co Pa in 1784. Joseph and Anna came to US about 1783.

Re: Joseph Bell-Ireland, Pa, Oh/Hezlep/Bruce family

Dawn Pocock (View posts)
Posted: 1029920618000
Hello - I have been researching our Bell family who come from Co Tyrone. We have 2 brothers (b 1880 & 1882) who left Ireland in the early 1900's, the sons of Richard and Martha (nee Campbell) Bell. Robert John Bell (aka John Robert) who came to NZ and his brother James who settled in Pa, USA.
When Robert went to NZ he travelled first to the USA to an uncle, Joseph Bell at 168 East St, Wissahickon, Philadelphia. I wondered if your family had a descendant Joseph who lived at that address? Kind regards, Dawn, Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted: 1141702669000
I am connected to Hezleps from Banbridge, County Down, Ireland. Samuel Hezlep (1767/9-1854) m. Mary Jane Woods (1773-Abt. 1805) had the daughter Esther Bruce Hezlep who married Joseph Cupples. Could this be connected to your Anna Bruce Hezlep? If you would like to correspond my e-mail is <MORINELLO1@aol.com>.

Posted: 1172458377000
Surnames: Bell
I think I may be related. My maiden name is Bell - and my family came from Co. Tyrone in Ireland. We came from Omagh. There is a bridge named after the family.

I can get more information from a packet that my great Aunt did in the 80s.

My family came from Ireland and then went to PA. Then my particular sect went to Indianapolis, IN. I grew up in Indiana.

Posted: 1172481866000
Surnames: Bell
Thank you for your information, do you have the christian names that I mentioned in my post re the Bell family! That is very exciting and I would love to learn more detail. Our family came from the Dungannon area, Killeshill in particular.
Kind regards, Dawn Pocock

Posted: 1172535651000
My Joseph Bell was from Cork Co Ireland as far as I know. Came to US 1783. What is the name of your Bell in Ireland?
Carolyn

Posted: 1172536062000
Do you know who Richard's parents were and dates? My Joseph Bell 1758-1843, wasn't in Philadelphia as far as I known. He was in Lawrence Co Pa where his 1st child was born. Then went on to Belmont Co OH where he lived and died. Is Tyrone Co and Cork Co close together?
Carolyn

Posted: 1172536510000
We might be related if we go back farther. I'm not off of Samuel. His father was George Hezlep. I would like to know if George had brothers or if he had any more children. Then we might be connected. Carolyn

Posted: 1172536795000
What names did you say in your post on the Bell's? Carolyn

Posted: 1172557951000
Hello again, these are my names: I have been researching our Bell family who come from Co Tyrone. We have 2 brothers (b 1880 & 1882) who left Ireland in the early 1900's, the sons of Richard and Martha (nee Campbell) Bell. Robert John Bell (aka John Robert) who came to NZ and his brother James who settled in Pa, USA.
When Robert went to NZ he travelled first to the USA to an uncle, Joseph Bell at 168 East St, Wissahickon, Philadelphia. I wondered if your family had a descendant Joseph who lived at that address? Kind regards, Dawn, Christchurch, New Zealand
per page

Find a board about a specific topic